Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas legislature is hearing HB910 (Licensed Open Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The OP's premise was that, immediately after enacting permitless carry, derp would erupt.
    That's not what conclusion I drew.

Maybe there is a real good reason I ignore most of this stuff…

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That's not what conclusion I drew.

Maybe there is a real good reason I ignore most of this stuff…
    What conclusion did you draw, then?

EDIT: My bad, it was not the OP's premise, but rather Gardone VT's (which was then seconded by you) upon which I was commenting:

Gardone VT said (and you seconded) that
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardone VT
    constitutional carry will NOT be responsibly exercised without a minimal level of vetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardone VT
    on Monday "Permitless Carry Passed!" and on Tuesday during lunch see these guys
    I pointed out where his presumptions were simply factually incorrect. Provably, historically, with citations and footnotes.

If you can show where, in states that have passed Constitutional Carry, those things have happened, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's all just "feels" and "thinks".
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-19-2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Heres where the DERP hit the wall.
    One of these links should work.
    Apologies. Posting from my phone.

Audio Clip of Phillips and Stickland from GRIT #55

http://gunrightsintexas.com/055a/

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/2/0/520e...eb3e4bd4e9c9e9
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If you can show where, in states that have passed Constitutional Carry, those things have happened, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's all just "feels" and "thinks".
    So this is a contest now? Jeez, Louise, I wasn't trying to show or prove anything. My point was, it is my opinion that these OC types who try to rub everyone's nose in it are doing more harm than good to the pro-gun movement. I see it here in south Louisiana, where Chip and Muffy (and sometimes Bubba) are intimidated by Cletus with his sausage-sacked pistol displayed prominently on his hip (the slung long gun fad apparently hasn't made it here yet). And I think we've been shown in this thread how that is happening in Texas and other places.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    My point was, it is my opinion that these OC types who try to rub everyone's nose in it are doing more harm than good to the pro-gun movement.
    On that point, I do not disagree.

And yet I will be working toward Constitutional Carry in my state. (Not that it makes any difference to Gardone VT's point, since we have no training requirement for a CCW permit here, and so Cletus is allowed to carry his gun however he wants without any more vetting than proving he has fifty bucks in his pocket and the ability to fog a mirror. We haven't had a good OC douchebaggery incident here in years. Maybe Indiana Cletii are smarter? )

We can send you some. There are also a bunch of un-employed OC educators in California who did a great job there that could come and educate Indiana folks about their rights.

I have a pretty simple take. Constitutional carry for walking around in public areas,in your car, or your property and business. Permitted CCW if you want to carry on someone else's property and mainly in someone else's business. Pretty simple, and just my own little opinion.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Pretty simple, and just my own little opinion.
    Just because I think you're wrong doesn't mean I don't still like you.

Maybe this afternoon I'll go across the river into Vermont to see what kind of Mad Max wasteland it is, what with having pretty much no gun laws.

If there's not a technical or two in the parking lot of the Organic Farm-to-Table Co-Op, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Just because I think you're wrong doesn't mean I don't still like you.

Maybe this afternoon I'll go across the river into Vermont to see what kind of Mad Max wasteland it is, what with having pretty much no gun laws.

If there's not a technical or two in the parking lot of the Organic Farm-to-Table Co-Op, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
    My reasoning for it is likely a little different than you think. To me its an issue of private property rights. Keep in mind, I don't think we should force people to bake cakes for gay weddings if they do not want to, so I am consistent. What I find funny is the people who things that "The little Christian Bakery" should be forced to bake cakes for gay weddings are also the same folks who have no problem with signs and policies of people not allowed in a private business with a firearm. When I assess things for "racist", I simply switch the word "white" with whatever we are talking about, and if it then becomes "racist", then the other one is as well (e.g.,the Congressional Black Caucus). My other favorite is to switch gun with gay. If the progressives are good with forcing recognition of a sexual lifestyle or identity down folks throats, well they shouldn't discriminate against those who have an armed lifestyle or identity. It sort of like the voter ID laws as well. If you don't think I should need an ID to vote, then certainly I should not need one to buy a firearm.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Singling out a tiny minority, of any large group, and postulating about what their future actions may be based on your own assumptions and prejudices is asinine.

In a nation of 330 million you're gonna have a few crackpots. Welcome to America.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    My reasoning for it is likely a little different than you think. To me its an issue of private property rights.
    If it's about private property rights, then why not let property owners decide whether or not to allow unlicensed carry? Once the state starts making these decisions for property owners, then haven't they effectively lost some of their rights?

User Tag List