Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas legislature is hearing HB910 (Licensed Open Carry)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Exactly my point. Tards like these are going to bring the whole house down around our ears.

Only if we fret about them and bring attention to them.

"This is not the DERP you are looking for " would put all worries to rest in less than a year.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The consequence which concerns me is not the 'blood in the streets' strawman.

It is the mass reaction of voters who read on Monday "Permitless Carry Passed!" and on Tuesday during lunch see these guys
    Permitless carry has passed in many states. Where has that happened? (HINT: That picture was taken in a state that has not passed permitless carry; derps gonna derp just like bangers gonna bang, no matter how many regulatory hurdles you build.)

Did Derp in the streets happen in Anchorage in 2003? No.

Did Derp in the streets happen in Phoenix in 2010 or Cheyenne in 2011? No. Is it going to happen in Topeka in 2015? History says likely not.

So why do you wring your hands at the thought of your fellow citizens being allowed to exercise their rights without some arbitrary level of training?
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-19-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Only if we fret about them and bring attention to them.

"This is not the DERP you are looking for " would put all worries to rest in less than a year.

Uh… okay.

I was under the impression that this sort of thing (those two clowns may have been part of it) torpedoed some proposed legislation in Texas, and now proponents are having to make up lost ground. In fact does not the OP of this thread refer to exactly that?

Site Supporter
    Uh… okay.

I was under the impression that this sort of thing (those two clowns may have been part of it) torpedoed some proposed legislation in Texas, and now proponents are having to make up lost ground. In fact does not the OP of this thread refer to exactly that?

Texas legislators demonstrated Friday by passing hb 910 and shutting down Stickland that they understand the difference between the DERPs and the rest of us. The DERPs created a backlash against OC but it's about to pass anyway. Unfortunately the DERPs version of OC won't come to pass this year. Due directly to their own actions. One legislator said so directly during debate Friday.

Point?

The DERPs won't ruin things for everyone. They can make things more difficult.

Posting from a tablet is a pain. Sorry if this is not clear
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Permitless carry has passed in many states.
    10% of these United States have permitless carry.Five states out of 50 doesnt qualify as 'many'.

As to Derp triggering a negative political reaction,Texas is the latest example.

There was California some years back , where unloaded open carry was legal. As soon as Derp Team Alpha strapped on their Serpas and unloaded pistols and waltzed about the malls of Southern California , the CA political system moved faster then Han Solo flying the Kessel Run to ban it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

10% does qualify as "many" and is damn near a "majority" in US politics.

"California is as California does" -Forrest Gump-
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    10% of these United States have permitless carry.Five states out of 50 doesnt qualify as 'many'.

As to Derp triggering a negative political reaction,Texas is the latest example.

There was California some years back , where unloaded open carry was legal. As soon as Derp Team Alpha strapped on their Serpas and unloaded pistols and waltzed about the malls of Southern California , the CA political system moved faster then Han Solo flying the Kessel Run to ban it.
    DERP didn't kill OC in California.
    Open carry of an unloaded weapon is not OC. It's political BS.
    DERP just reminded the CA legislature that the corpse of OC was still rotting on their books and nobody had buried it yet, so they did.
    DERP may have provided the shovels, but it didn't commit the killing.
    The people of California killed OC. The people of Texas did not, despite the DERP.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Texas legislators demonstrated Friday by passing hb 910 and shutting down Stickland that they understand the difference between the DERPs and the rest of us. The DERPs created a backlash against OC but it's about to pass anyway. Unfortunately the DERPs version of OC won't come to pass this year. Due directly to their own actions. One legislator said so directly during debate Friday.

Point?

The DERPs won't ruin things for everyone. They can make things more difficult.
    Okay, got it; thanks.

One, two, many.
    And yet, they seem to be moving forward.
    Myself, I prefer to only worry about California to the extent that the silliness there may spread elsewhere*. And CalGuns and SAF are unleashing Alan Gura on their progressive/communitarian/authoritarian butts, and will likely win.

Admittedly that will take a long time.

The Call of Warcraft Derperators are a huge pain in the ass, and they need to be educated, but one outlier constitutes a warning, not a trend.

*Yes, I am aware that this is a bit ironic in view of WA's I-594 issues.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The OP's premise was that, immediately after enacting permitless carry, derp would erupt.

Given that there is no permitless carry in Texas, this example would, in fact, seem to be a strong counterargument to the OP's point, since Texas has all the training laws he claims are necessary to stop Cletus from derping, and yet there Cletus and Jasper are, law or no law, derping away.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List