Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What RMR and Mount for an AR?

What RMR and Mount for an AR?

I've got a DDM4V1 I want to put an RMR on.

I see Trijicon will soon offer an RMR with a 1 MOA dot, and I'd like to go with that, but if there is a better option I'm all for hearing about it.

No idea on what mount to use. I have a DD fixed rear and the standard FSB on this gun. I have no preference between 1/3 co-witness and absolute.

I don't really care about QD capability, but I'm not adverse to it either.

Thanks!!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

The RMR06 mated to an RM34 mount makes for a very low profile optic.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Tom I've used and am going to set that mount up again for a new 11.5" upper. In my civi use it has worked well and even kept zero after removal when dabbling with scoped optics on my first 300blk upper.

If you would like to t&e before you purchase give me a pm. I won't be using it for a while, I'm going to use irons for the mean time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I picked up a used RMR06 and a Larue 827 for my yet to be purchased 10/22 Charger take down. So naturally it ended up on an AR. I personally prefer looking through a round tube, than a square with an arched top. But the mount is very minimalistic and has been repeatable when zeroed at 100yds.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-t...mr-mount-lt827
    Taking a break from social media.

Just curious as I am currently looking for an optic for my ar, why do people prefer the RMR over a aimpoint micro? They are roughly the same cost and I would think the micro aimpoint are more robust especially the T2.

As noted in previous discussions, while I have been well served by Aimpoints for many years, since my accident in 2009, the Aimpoint dots now appear as misshapen blobs to my damaged vision, especially when using a 4x magnifier. In contrast the 3.5 MOA RMR06 dot is crisp. At 100 yds, it perfectly fits into the center of an SR1 target.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Thanks for the feedback Doc, I heard that the new T2 supposedly took care of the distortion that sometimes can happen with magnifiers.

I have an RM-02 with American Defense SOCOM height mount currently residing on my AUG. It came with the RM34 mount but that sat too low for me when I had it on my AR.

As for why get an RMR over an H-1 Micro.. well, Trijicon was available to me on 3point5 and Aimpoint wasn't (they are now but their discount is shit). Also the RMR is cuter.

I also ended up with the ADM unit and it seems well made. Been trapped in work, weather and family emergency hell for the last few weeks so I have not need able to shoot it.

As for why the RMR. For me it's cause I had one sitting around doing nothing and didn't have another $600 to buy a T1/h1.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As noted in previous discussions, while I have been well served by Aimpoints for many years, since my accident in 2009, the Aimpoint dots now appear as misshapen blobs to my damaged vision, especially when using a 4x magnifier. In contrast the 3.5 MOA RMR06 dot is crisp. At 100 yds, it perfectly fits into the center of an SR1 target.
    Doc, just curious (from a medical perspective, not trying to say that you should run around looking through the rear BUIS)...for longer shots if you look through the small rear aperture on the BUIS, will the AP dot crisp up and look round for you?

User Tag List