Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What RMR and Mount for an AR?

Don't know, since it is very hard to look through the BUIS with the 4x magnifier in place.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Best to say "It may...." or "It should..."

It does for me, and the trend is that it'll work that way for most. You still target-focus, but observing the dot through the aperture usually provides greater depth of field, which may crisp up the dot.

I personally only do this for zeroing, as excess bloom is a variable that I'd prefer to remove as much as possible. Normal usage...intensity level gets put to what may be seen, and if it blooms, so be it; it's a point optic, not a precision optic. That said, it doesn't get in the way of most "normal" usage, except when you're pretzeled up behind the gun and you can't quite observe the dot through the aperture because you don't bend far enough.

Lately, I've been using a T2/G33 combo. Here is a summary of my range outing today:
    Took the combo back out to the range today. On white paper, I can see bullet holes at 50 yards from my 5.56. I really REALLY like this setup! Light, durable as hell, etc. etc.

Anyway, here is my "group of the day". 5 shots magnified at 100 yards using the magazine as a monopod from the shooting bench. Hornady 5.56 (redbox) 55gr GMX.

I did not have to work hard at all for that group. Maybe a shot every 3-4 seconds for most, 5-6 seconds at the longest, I guess. Zeroed for 50, I was hitting a touch high.

User Tag List