Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Star Wars Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The have a chance to do great things. The Star Trek reboots were just not good.
    Why not?

Granted the reboots are not the same style or concepts as the Original Series -but they're relevant to my generation in a way the old school movies aren't.They're WAY better then the TNG schlock....
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Why not?

Granted the reboots are not the same style or concepts as the Original Series -but they're relevant to my generation in a way the old school movies aren't.They're WAY better then the TNG schlock....
    I agree with gardonevt. I was young when I first saw the trilogy, but the prequels came in my teenage years and I really enjoyed them. I mean, Yoda kicking butt and takin names, who doesn't love that?

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Why not?

Age and crankiness have led me to the conclution that Star Trek The Wrath of Khan was the picnical of that franchise. The perfect Star Trek movie. Roddenberry should have dropped the mic and walked off stage. Just like Lucas could have dropped the mike and walked off stage after the perfection of Empire Stikes Back.

I was soooo excited for the Star Wars prequels. I got 10 minutes of good movie while Darth Maul was on screen. The rest was meh, with the exception of light saber Yoda.

The Sart Trek reboot looks like it was filmed in the Apple Store. The whole vibe just feels different. I must just be old and cranky.

I am excited for this new Star Wars. I really am. I want it to succeed!

With Star Trek, I will just watch Khan when it comes on TV, and I will crank up the soundtrack to it as loud as I can.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The whole Darth Maul thing didn't work for me. I mean the dynamic. George Lucas had the audience rooting for the underdog Darth Maul against TWO Jedi! Go underdog! Look at how tall Liam Neeson was compared to Ray Park - Darth Maul deserved to win!

The soundtrack to Phantom Menace was awesome.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Phantom Menace had an awesome soundtrack to go with Darth Maul (who should have lived to menace more).

"Duel of the fates" should be turned all the way up.

http://youtu.be/6yHkJJic6zg

This reminds me of the Conan The Barbarian soundtrack by Basil Paladorious. That is another early 80s Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    I agree with gardonevt. I was young when I first saw the trilogy, but the prequels came in my teenage years and I really enjoyed them. I mean, Yoda kicking butt and takin names, who doesn't love that?

Negative Ghostrider- I was referring to Abrams' Star Trek......

The truckload of crap sold as "Star Wars" is rivalled in fail only by the truckload of movie megacrap sold as "Star Trek;The Next Generation." When Call of Duty has better dialogue and charachter development then your movie, the movie is broken!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

My bad misread your post, Abrams Star Trek was good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Phantom Menace had an awesome soundtrack to go with Darth Maul (who should have lived to menace more).

"Duel of the fates" should be turned all the way up.

http://youtu.be/6yHkJJic6zg

This reminds me of the Conan The Barbarian soundtrack by Basil Paladorious. That is another early 80s Classic.
    Duel of the Fates was a good theme. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    SouthNarc should do an ELL scenario where you start sitting at a table in a cantina leaning back against a wall, and you have a sim gun in a thigh rig...

GO!
    If I ever do a Halloween night ECQC where everyone is required to be in costume, I'll do that one!

User Tag List