Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wright Leather Works Holsters

Wright Leather Works Holsters

Are they any good. They look impressive as all leather holsters.

Site Supporter
    Never heard of them until now, their stuff doesn't look that well molded, or designed to me.

Never heard of them, but they remind me of the old Murnack holsters, when Jim was doing them by hand. Just in style, not in boning.

I'll chime in with a definite "meh," based on what I'm seeing on their website. At that price range, I'd expect a much nicer visual presentation. In my anything but humble opinion as a holster snob, if you're going to go leather, go cheap (like a $40 Desantis that you replace every two years or so), or go big (Sparks, Alessi, Rosen, et. al.) But, frankly, since all I carry now are Glocks, I'm becoming more and more of a kydex guy - there's just no point in dumping $125-150 on a beautiful leather holster that you won't use on the range, or on a bad-weather call out, because it'll get ruined in use...

YMM(and probably will)V, of course.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks guys. Some valid points.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Never heard of them, but they remind me of the old Murnack holsters, when Jim was doing them by hand. Just in style, not in boning.
    You said boning!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'll chime in with a definite "meh," based on what I'm seeing on their website. At that price range, I'd expect a much nicer visual presentation. In my anything but humble opinion as a holster snob, if you're going to go leather, go cheap (like a $40 Desantis that you replace every two years or so), or go big (Sparks, Alessi, Rosen, et. al.) But, frankly, since all I carry now are Glocks, I'm becoming more and more of a kydex guy - there's just no point in dumping $125-150 on a beautiful leather holster that you won't use on the range, or on a bad-weather call out, because it'll get ruined in use...

YMM(and probably will)V, of course.

Regards,

Kevin
    I tend to agree with you. I use mostly kydex nowadays. I did buy an Alessi CQC-S off Ebay for a really reasonable price, and I have to admit, it is the most comfortable, concealable OWB I have ever worn. I just ordered a Cebeci copy of the CQC-S for $29.99; we'll see how well a cheapy can copy a really great holster.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I tend to agree with you. I use mostly kydex nowadays. I did buy an Alessi CQC-S off Ebay for a really reasonable price, and I have to admit, it is the most comfortable, concealable OWB I have ever worn. I just ordered a Cebeci copy of the CQC-S for $29.99; we'll see how well a cheapy can copy a really great holster.
    From my experience, OWB is pretty hard to make uncomfortable. IWB is where comfort and design matters.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    From my experience, OWB is pretty hard to make uncomfortable. IWB is where comfort and design matters.
    True, as a class, OWB holsters are more comfortable. However, cant, ride height, etc., can affect the comfort of an individual holster. What I meant was, that for me at least, the Alessi had the best combination of these factors that I have encountered, and was still extrememely concealable.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    True, as a class, OWB holsters are more comfortable. However, cant, ride height, etc., can affect the comfort of an individual holster. What I meant was, that for me at least, the Alessi had the best combination of these factors that I have encountered, and was still extrememely concealable.
    Makes perfect sense.
    #RESIST

User Tag List