Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FN Releasing Semi-Auto M249

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that sorry abortion.
    :-)

I carried a parasaw for a year, and though I wouldn't want to repeat that experience, If you'll sell one for $300, I'll take it off your hands:-)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Every time I hear "parasaw", my mind goes for the obvious pun and I picture Mary Poppins with one. Which, you know, would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious if Disney ever remakes the movie. "This nanny takes no guff from naughty kids!"

As to the pricing, while obviously some engineering work had to go into a closed-bolt variant with a unique receiver, the basic M249 tooling has got to be long amortized. I wonder what per unit cost on regular 249s is on the odd occasions they're purchased in onesie-twosies instead of hundreds at a whack?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Every time I hear "parasaw", my mind goes for the obvious pun and I picture Mary Poppins with one. Which, you know, would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious if Disney ever remakes the movie. "This nanny takes no guff from naughty kids!"

As to the pricing, while obviously some engineering work had to go into a closed-bolt variant with a unique receiver, the basic M249 tooling has got to be long amortized. I wonder what per unit cost on regular 249s is on the odd occasions they're purchased in onesie-twosies instead of hundreds at a whack?
    Sorry, does Mary Poppins with a MK46 work better for you? :-)

This should sell as well as the ubiquitous FS2000.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I think he meant the Ohio ordnance works semi auto BAR.

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/rif...r-walnut-stock
    Yes; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The BAR sporting rifle was never meant to be (and I'm pretty sure was never marketed as) a civilian version of the BAR combat rifle. It's a pretty formidable piece in its own right. Happens to be on my "want it but don't need it but will have it one day anyway" list. Chambered in powerful calibers useful for large animals, not just "social" ones for little, slow, two-legged animals. The balance and the way it carries and handles is a beautiful thing. As is how it looks..
    Yeah, it looks good. Unfortunately, the two examples I owned (one in .270, the other in '06) were possessed of Mini-14 "accuracy".

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    ZING!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG
    Sorry, does Mary Poppins with a MK46 work better for you? :-)
    I'd buy that on Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Ah!

But among the cleetii, semi auto "machine gun" > weird eurobullpup. I can picture a few folks buying it for sheer bragging rights.Besides it is the perfect home defense compliment to a Judge 'carry gun'-bumpfire stock not included.

"Check out mah home defense gun. Its bigger ten urs."
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    But among the cleetii, semi auto "machine gun" > weird eurobullpup. I can picture a few folks buying it for sheer bragging rights.Besides it is the perfect home defense compliment to a Judge 'carry gun'-bumpfire stock not included
    The price tag will be highly effective Cletus repellant.

I was an M249 shooter for a year in the Army. A semi-auto-only version seems.....wrong. No way I'm paying $8k for one.

User Tag List