Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FN Releasing Semi-Auto M249

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

FN Releasing Semi-Auto M249

The FN webpage and WeaponsMan comments.

So is this basically FN releasing an airsoft replica that fires real bullets, or can a 22-pound, semi-automatic, belt-fed rifle actually be used for something?

What's the price on an actual M249 or M240 (pre-1989) these days, anyways?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I dunno, man. I handled one of those semi-auto-only BARs once. Having had the opportunity to shoot a real BAR a few times, holding the repro was like holding a Racquel Welch blow-up doll… something was missing.

FN Releasing Semi-Auto M249

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    What's the price on an actual M249 or M240 (pre-1989) these days, anyways?
    The last one I saw, 6-7yrs ago, was going for 185K and change. I think that one was a pre-86 sample.

There were a few pre & post samples that mistakenly were transferred on form 4's, but ATF has cracked down on them. There is ONE fully transferable... And last I heard it was valued upwards of 550K
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 04-11-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

this is something you buy for the "cool factor". or if you REALLY suck at deer hunting!

Useful? No

Do I want one? Undecided.

If they came out with a PARA version and it was cheap enough (which I know it won't be) I would think about it. Ain't nothing wrong with range toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Useful? No

Do I want one? Undecided.

If they came out with a PARA version and it was cheap enough (which I know it won't be) I would think about it. Ain't nothing wrong with range toys.
    They need a pistol version with a SIG brace

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I dunno, man. I handled one of those semi-auto-only BARs once. Having had the opportunity to shoot a real BAR a few times, holding the repro was like holding a Racquel Welch blow-up doll… something was missing.
    The BAR sporting rifle was never meant to be (and I'm pretty sure was never marketed as) a civilian version of the BAR combat rifle. It's a pretty formidable piece in its own right. Happens to be on my "want it but don't need it but will have it one day anyway" list. Chambered in powerful calibers useful for large animals, not just "social" ones for little, slow, two-legged animals. The balance and the way it carries and handles is a beautiful thing. As is how it looks. It's been in production with only minor revisions since the '60s, and the LGS keeps stock of them, moving at MSRP.

I think he meant the Ohio ordnance works semi auto BAR.

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/rif...r-walnut-stock

$8k?

uhhh....
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    $8k?

uhhh....
    I wouldn't pay more than $250 for that sorry abortion.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

User Tag List