Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

Site Supporter
    I took a class this past weekend where I saw more Serpas and the Sig ITAC version than I've ever seen anywhere. One gentleman had a 1911 in a drop leg who was fighting like hell to get it out of his holster on a transition drill. Happily, he managed not to shoot himself, but I'm still not sure how.

IDPA Canada is considering banning the SERPA from competition. I know the Area Coordinator is in favor, but don't know how far down the road they are in taking action.

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    IDPA Canada is considering banning the SERPA from competition. I know the Area Coordinator is in favor, but don't know how far down the road they are in taking action.
    I'm the IDPA MD at our Club and I banned them a few months ago. After speaking with our AC, it was determined that I could do so at the Club level. Don't know whether or not IDPA will consider any limitations on their use or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I know the IDPA club that I shoot at has also banned the serpa.
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

All this banning, just as the Serpa becomes standard issue at USSOCOM............interesting. Hahahaha.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Hey, no one said that Blackhawk doesn't have a bitchin' marketing department.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    All this banning, just as the Serpa becomes standard issue at USSOCOM............interesting. Hahahaha.

WTF is going on? First my Marine Corps, now Socom? This is Obama's fault!(somehow)

FWIW, I have a close friend with 3rd Recon's leadership that was trying to get 6004's instead of whatever they were using(either SERPAs or nylon rigs I'd guess). Just because MARCORSYSCOM fell in love with the SERPA doesn't mean that everyone loves them, or even wants them at all.

They do, however, absolutely love their MEUSOC 1911's.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Some of the USBP Agents are using SERPAs now.
    A few of the FLETC instructors who shoot our 3-gun matches were using SERPAs.
    None of them had any problems that I saw but nearly all the holsters had "modifications" to them like duct tape and rubber bands wrapped around them.
    Crazy way to save money if you ask me.

I stopped wearing my Serpa late of 09 or early 2010. I use an ALS duty holster at work. I used the Serpa off duty. I started thinking about it. I am going to he ALS on duty to the Serpa off duty. Two different lock systems all together. I started thinking that I might shoot myself in the leg with the Serpa because I have to think about or would not able to get my gun out of my ALS because I have to think about. I stopped using the holster all together. The more I read about the Serpa, the more I reallized it was crap and I got taken by fancy ads LOL Now I am using an ALS off duty. I like it. I will never go back to the Serpa ever again.

User Tag List