Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

With Safariland 7377 7TS ALS holsters priced at under $30 there's no reason in the world for people to still buy SERPA junk.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I carried a Glock in a Serpa on duty at one time. Probably the stupidest thing I did equipment wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I carried a Glock in a Serpa on duty at one time. Probably the stupidest thing I did equipment wise.
    I think I have you beat; my first conceal carry rig was a full size XD45 in a paddle mount SERPA under a Columbia fishing shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Serpa being serpa

Not me. Dear lord baby jesus not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That isn’t a Serpa. It’s a Radar holster. From my research it appears the lever is for rotating or removing the holster, not drawing. Looks like this was unassisted self targeting.

Are those UK issue Lowa boots? The British Army issues the Radar holster as well. Did this happen on an MOD range?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That isn’t a Serpa. It’s a Radar holster. From my research it appears the lever is for rotating or removing the holster, not drawing. Looks like this was unassisted self targeting.
    It's Serpa style. Name:  downloadfile-1.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  27.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I think I have you beat; my first conceal carry rig was a full size XD45 in a paddle mount SERPA under a Columbia fishing shirt.
    I'm in Mexico City right now. Watching how some of the cops carry has us both beat.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It's Serpa style. Name:  downloadfile-1.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  27.4 KB
    HopetonBrown is correct. Check out the video where the manufacturer explains and demonstrates the trigger finger actuated retention device at 1:10 into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdbehr_9NU

The only difference from the SERPA is that it locks on the ejection port like the ALS, just actuated ala the SERPA.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I'm in Mexico City right now. Watching how some of the cops carry has us both beat.
    Have you seen two chest mounted SERPAS set up for cross draw dual wielding yet?
    Last time I was in Mexico that was the hot setup for the Commandante de Policia Especializada.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List