Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Necro-posting here rather than starting a new thread:

LAPD bans use of the Blackhawk SERPA holster

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/06/23...edium=facebook
    Maybe now people will finally start to get it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Maybe now people will finally start to get it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd have to start with USSOCOM and the USMC - both of whom have adopted the Serpa as the general issue holster. Can't wait to see what the standard issue for the new M17 is going to be - but I'll betcha it'll start with "S" and end with "erpa"...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    You'd have to start with USSOCOM and the USMC - both of whom have adopted the Serpa as the general issue holster. Can't wait to see what the standard issue for the new M17 is going to be - but I'll betcha it'll start with "S" and end with "erpa"...
    Until we start getting a rash of Lee Page imitations.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What's listed as "General Issue" on paper oft diverges from "General Issue" in the real world. This can be a Very Good Thing.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    The .MIL has gotten away with the SERPA due to the DA first shot on the M9. With a striker fired pistol look for ND with injury rates to increase exponentiallly.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The .MIL has gotten away with the SERPA due to the DA first shot on the M9. With a striker fired pistol look for ND with injury rates to increase exponentiallly.
    It is my understanding that the Air Force is the only branch permitting off-safe loaded carry of the M9.

The others mandate use of the safety: so it's entirely possible trigger finger safety violations are masked by the on-safe carry state.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    The U.S. Forest Service LE has also banned use of the SERPA:

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Saf...oTrw2n0AR6HLAN

Site Supporter
    We (my agency) had an ND involving the SERPA about 3 months ago on the TX - Mexico border. It was during qualification with, a Glock/Serpa combo. Guy was really yanking the gun grip outboard. The round entered low hip right side, traversed leg and exited low inner thigh. No bone hit. He actually nicked the femoral.

Range staff had TQs on hand. First TQ applied broke being applied! (CAT TQ, not a counterfeit. But several years sitting in a hot car in Texas may have made plastic brittle enough to crack. Not sure which part broke, but nylon held). Second CAT applied directly below first, it held and worked as advertised. Agent fully conscious and aware, will make a full recovery.

And that boys and girls is how we are finally getting IFAKs for all gun carrying LEOs.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_1348.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  27.9 KB

Talked with an acquaintance today who mentioned he's taking defensive pistol classes. Has been going to them for a year & has been using a Serpa holster with his Glock 19. Hmmmm . . .

Opinions please - - Knowing nothing else, what does this say to you about the trainer ?

User Tag List