Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

If the Serpa is so bad, then why do I see so many Border Patrol agents with them ?

^^^Please go back and read the entire thread. The case that the Sepa is, at best, a very flawed design, has been made several times over by some very checked out dudes.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 07-25-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    If the Serpa is so bad, then why do I see so many Border Patrol agents with them ?
    Because somewhere along the line morons call the shots.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Because guy lost guns out of Safailand 6820's and SERPA's were cheaper than the Safailand 6360's.

The duty version of the SERPA is more durable than the standard but it's still a piece of shit.

Lets just say Border Patrol is not the organization it once was in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities re: guns and gun fighting. It is now firmly under the thumb of its new parent agency CBP. This is not a move for the better.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-25-2016 at 10:49 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Why do agencies conduct grueling firearms selection tests and then throw darts at an LE supply catalog to pick holsters? Hell if I know. You tell me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I follow a few ex devgru guys on IG who are very dialed in gun guys and they use Serpas, boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I follow a few ex devgru guys on IG who are very dialed in gun guys and they use Serpas, boggles the mind.
    Who!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Owen and Raso
    A good deal of ex-mil will go back to using what they were issued, "dialed in" or not. There is a huge knowledge gap sometimes of "if it was good enough to be issued to Ernest Borgnine and Air Wolf it is good enough." I know Dom Raso is doing his own training gig now and his IG is mostly IWB stuff.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I was at Harper's Ferry in March for a FI recert course. Lots of the instructor cadre running up there sporting Serpa's. Just saying...

User Tag List