Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    They're banned on the Georgia State Police shooting ranges.

I believe Tactical Response has been them as well, but can't find it on their web site.
    Well, this isn't exactly correct.

First, there is no such entity as the "Georgia State Police".

They were banned by the Georgia Public Safety Training Center, but someone higher up the GPSTC food chain than the director of the firearms training ordered that they be allowed; so, now they are.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    They were banned by the Georgia Public Safety Training Center
    Thanks for the correction, it's been a long time since I read it, my memory must have been cloudy.

So now my initial post was almost entirely worthless/incorrect, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Thanks for the correction, it's been a long time since I read it, my memory must have been cloudy.

So now my initial post was almost entirely worthless/incorrect, LOL.
    Welcome to VolGrad's world. (I sure hope he sees this )

They were banned by the Georgia Public Safety Training Center, but someone higher up the GPSTC food chain than the director of the firearms training ordered that they be allowed; so, now they are.
    One small department got a sweet deal and started issuing Serpa Duty Holsters. When they sent guys to GPSTC, the stink started.

I see enlisted guards and base civilian police using them at the gate all the time. (this is at a US Navy base)

I assume they are issued to them, sadly.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I banned them for my Division purchase order.

Then some stupid LTC showed up with one. WTF I got everyone free 6004's in FDE why not use what I got you f'ing idiot.

I will never use a SERPA again...
    I think many folks are coming to the realization that the SERPA sucks, and in time the only folks that will be extolling it's virtues will be the uninformed, the Youtube celebrities and folks who think it's okay to carry w/o a round in the chamber.

Was talking to a instructor buddy of mine and the put into words what Ive always thought of the Serpa.

"As gun men our trigger finger should only have One job on the draw stroke, Working the trigger!!! Not pushing a button on the holster or operating a light switch or ordering a pizza, just working the trigger" ( Of course this is providing that the trigger needs worked on that particular draw stroke)

Most every instructor I know either hates them or puts up with them, but NONE recommend them!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Welcome to VolGrad's world. (I sure hope he sees this )
    Ass.

This post is entirely 100% correct.

SERPA < Spiders

So as Prdator would say.....

Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute (Steve Fisher and Assoc.)

I think Steve Fisher banned them over a year ago, there was a video of a shooter in his class whose gun was locked up in the serpa (he hadn't even rolled around in the dirt!)

http://www.michigantrainer.com/
    Chemist.

User Tag List