Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    My department, one of the largest in the country, has just started to remove the issued SERPA from the field... Officers (mainly detectives, plain clothes officers and staff service personnel, who were issued the holsters for our GLOCK 19/23/26/27 pistols are required to turn in the SERPA, in order to be issued a replacement holster. The replacement is the Safariland 7378 7TS! The Puzzle Palace finally saw the light, thanks to a lieutenant who is in the know...
    I'm delighted that's happening for you. And really glad to hear about an LT that made that kind of effort to protect your officers.

Serpa being serpa

Not me. Dear lord baby jesus not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Oh, dear Lord.

/thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It's not your responsibility to fix stupid and nothing's ever gained by rolling in the mud with a pig.
    I thought that's the only reason we even have an Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I thought that's the only reason we even have an Internet
    Apparently that and "adult acts."

As for the original question, I was never famous, never jumped out of airplanes or been a cool guy, but I know a few things and seem to have a knack for learning from others and being able to impart that knowledge down the line. I train people very little these days, but I've still had a few back out when I say they aren't allowed on my range with a Serpa . "Why not?" "Because I don't want to be driving you to the hospital with extra holes in you." "I know better." "Sure you do, Bubba." Ok, sometimes the "Bubba" is only implied. And, that about ends it. They are usually new to the gun, sometimes they take the advice, sometimes not. Have to remember this thread to show such inquisitive souls the next time it comes up.

Have to admit, the thing is a marketing success, but, I'd hate to have that one on my conscious no matter how fat a pile of money I'm sleeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Sounds great. After all, launching a crusade has always worked out quite well historically.
    There’s nothing wrong with a Crusade.

Is there a comprehensive list of agencies that have banned the Serpa? I couldn't find one in this thread or in a search -other than a series of posts on LF.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Serpa being serpa

Not me. Dear lord baby jesus not me.

Is there a back story that can be told ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is there a back story that can be told ?
    What I was told was pretty much typical. Went to draw pistol. Shot self. Went to hospital, where you have to explain you shot yourself.

Sorry for not having more details. In my experience you usually do not get a good story attached to it. Just shame and embarrassment. But I am glad people tell it, some will learn and avoid the holsters because of it.

We need a Venn diagram of SERPA advocates who've shot themselves yet post online about how dangerous AIWB carry is.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List