Thread: Favorite NV retailers?

Favorite NV retailers?

Looking to buy a high quality PVS14 monocular, and found out the NV market is just about as dry as the ammo market. So I'm looking for leads to retailers that have in-stock tubes and are willing to help me sort through the specs and provide pictures through the unit, etc.

eta: This is literally the only time since 1982, that I've been thankful for being blind in one eye.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Looking to buy a high quality PVS14 monocular, and found out the NV market is just about as dry as the ammo market. So I'm looking for leads to retailers that have in-stock tubes and are willing to help me sort through the specs and provide pictures through the unit, etc.

eta: This is literally the only time since 1982, that I've been thankful for being blind in one eye.

NV and Thermal is an area that we are starting to move into, I'm not versed on them myself but give Mike or Dan a call at 916-670-1103

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

In my searches, it seems like TNVC and JRH are the safest bets; I'm not a big fan of TNVC due to some of their online personas, but other places like Nightlong Industries, NVI, Steele Industries, etc., are even more sketchy, just based on various anecdotes I've heard paired with some first and second hand experience. I don't believe that TNVC has much stock on hand these days, though.

Ultimately, from my research, building of NVGs is not that hard, as long as you have the parts, so a local builder with a good reputation is worth a hazard, so that if they short you, you can at least go over and kick them in the nuts personally. This relative ease is also why there's so much drama in the industry, I would guess.

TNVC is eight weeks out, at least. My brother bought his unit from Steele, but did all of the things to guarantee satisfaction (lots of different pics through the unit, serial number matching, spec sheet review, etc). I just put in a message to JRH, so I'll see what's up

User Tag List