Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

We are diminished
    GearScout's article was the final straw for me. Just announced on PTC that SERPAs are banned beginning in 2012. Flames will arrive in 3... 2... 1...

Wise choice!

You aren't alone, I just banned them for all IDPA events and training that I host, so when you come back to CCFSA you can put some of the blame on me. As for flaming, I have endured quite a bit of hate. I simply told them that the pay one receives in running IDPA doesn't justify the vicarious liability. When asked if they wanted to assume the liability, the discussion ended.

It's not banned at Rogers but Ronnie and I have lots of pictures of creative ways people disable the Serpa's lock.

As one HRP guy told another student: "Dude, the best way to use that holster is just break the locking tab completely out."

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    ....creative ways people disable the Serpa's lock.

..."Dude, the best way to use that holster is just break the locking tab completely out."
    Why not just get a holster that does not have this already. Plenty of Kydex out there with decent turnaround time. Strange the trouble people go though to adapt rather than just do.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Why not just get a holster that does not have this already. Plenty of Kydex out there with decent turnaround time. Strange the trouble people go though to adapt rather than just do.
    They drank the Kool-Aid and then didn't want to spend the money for the stomach pump.

And Rogers is a 5 day course in the middle of nowhere so they're basically stuck with what they brought.

Perhaps I'm beating a wounded horse, but I'd hate for it to get back up and start running again...

I hear there was a SERPA related shooting today at the Smith and Wesson firearms training center: Firearms instructor shoots self at S&W- UN firearms instructor shot himself in the thigh

All aboard the fail train.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    All aboard the fail train.
    Seriously man, we all know the fail vehicle is a boat. Failboat....one word....capital F.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I have no way of knowing if this Cadet was using a SERPA or not. Anyone in the North Georgia area have any way of finding out?

A Georgia Northwestern Technical College police cadet accidentally shot himself in the leg last night.

According to Craig McDaniel, president of GNTC:

The cadet was in engaged in a supervised shooting exercise at the GNTC firing range in Calhoun.

McDaniel visited the student at Gordon Hospital where the cadet told him when he went remove his weapon from his holster; he must have put one of his fingers on the trigger.

The weapon that discharged was a 40 caliber Glock.

The bullet had entered the top of the student’s right calf and exited at the ankle, and was found in the student’s boot when it was removed by paramedics.

Two investigators from the Calhoun Police Department, Tony Pyle and Kevin Sutton, arrived at the hospital at approximately 9:30 p.m. and spoke with the student and those of us from Georgia Northwestern Technical College as a part of their investigation.
    http://www.calhountimes.com/view/ful..._news_1st_left

User Tag List