Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh man, this is all kinds of ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    That's a remarkable amount of restraint on the part of the police. With regard to the rest of it... I don't know where to start.

One officer was giving first aid in the midst of everything that was happening. I couldn't see the extent of the injury, but would it have been preferable to stay in the fight rather than aid his partner? Or at least move the patient further away from danger? It also seemed the guy in the green shirt could have justifiably been shot on multiple occasions, yes or no?
    I don't fault the 1st aid. Potential severity/bleed out and all.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The ASP baton is just not that great. Old hickory or the PR24 had much better "thump" to them. So did the SL-20 light.

Surprised the OC was not applied early and often.
    ^^^Wheres the "like" button?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The ASP baton is just not that great.
    It's just weighted wrong. I'm no expert on handheld weapons, but even I know a swinging weapon is supposed to be weighted toward the end. Look at a baseball bat or an axe. The ASP would be better used "upside down". I generally preferred my maglight when I was on the street. The baton is better for scratching under your vest or raking something out that you dropped under your seat. Else maglight.

Cops here, do you want this in the LE forum? Let me know.
    #RESIST

Do you think a fixed blade would of been useful?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have saved this clip in case my boy ever talks about becoming a cop.
    Eta: or goes to wal*mart.

I have only the highest respect and admiration for LEOs, incidentally, and I hope that I didn't cause doubt of that with my post.

Not so much wal*mart.
    Ignore Alien Orders

That whole mess could've been handled much differently and had a far better outcome than a police officer getting shot and a member of the Matthew 24 Now band getting smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    That whole mess could've been handled much differently and had a far better outcome than a police officer getting shot and a member of the Matthew 24 Now band getting smoked.
    How do you think it should have been handled?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I was also suprised he wasn't shot. As far as the wound, it matters on that departments SOPS and what not. Leg wounds can be iffy because if it was in a bad enough spot he could bleed out relatively early. The injured cop did a good job of covering the dude giving him aid, I was glad to see his pistol tracking targets.
    Looks like he reloaded at some point as well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Cottonwood. According to the 2010 census, the population of the city is 11,265.
    How many PO's does a town of that size typically have? And what about training? Do small town cops get training?

User Tag List