Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old West SAA: Finger Off Trigger in Old Days ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Having grown up around old SAA shooters, I'm reasonably certain that the best made due with rules 1 and 4.

Between the fact that decocking is difficult without fondling the bang switch on one hand, and stuff like the road agent's spin on the other, I'm pretty sure that 2 and 3 were just gleams in a yet-to-be born Colonel's eye (along with high hand and crush grip).

Chambering an SA wheelie with a 9mm convertible cylinder does not a G17 make. Design drives technique, from rapiers to rifles.
    Makes sense. Perhaps the modern practice came after more common use of the 1911.

I wonder, since the SAA is safe until the weapon is cocked and it wouldn't be cocked unless it was needed then the finger would likely be on the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Having grown up around old SAA shooters, I'm reasonably certain that the best made due with rules 1 and 4.

Between the fact that decocking is difficult without fondling the bang switch on one hand, and stuff like the road agent's spin on the other, I'm pretty sure that 2 and 3 were just gleams in a yet-to-be born Colonel's eye (along with high hand and crush grip).

Chambering an SA wheelie with a 9mm convertible cylinder does not a G17 make. Design drives technique, from rapiers to rifles.
    With early type (pre-Ruger new model) SA revolvers, using the trigger is part of loading, unloading, checking fired rounds, or decocking if cocked.

User Tag List