Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service - Rotting from Within

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I know I'm picking one tree out of the forest, but I'll just say the only reason this is a scandal is because we live in the age that loves scandal and electronic media makes it so easy. GIs and gov't workers of all stripes stationed abroad have been banging rentals since Benny Franklin tickled some French girls.
    Under many circumstances I would agree with your take on this. However, there are certain jobs that should have a basic standard of morality and particular situations where personal behavior have direct implications on job performance. The multitude of problems with the USSS appear to span both of these categories.

Law enforcement officers, and particularly those with 1811 designations, carry tremendous power. With great power comes even greater responsibility. While people like to think that someone can be morally bankrupt in their personal life and a pillar of society at work, I've never seen someone flip that switch successfully. That is to say, people who are jackasses off the job tend enevitably slip up on the job. Foreign intelligence agencies love to use personal indiscretions as leverage. That is why the BI for 1811 jobs is a virtual colonoscopy into the public and private dealings of the applicant.

In the particular case of the Columbian hookers, we see this phenomenon displayed on a very personal level. One of the agents involved in this scandle was a married father. That didn't stop him from carrying on multiple affairs with women across the US and abroad. In Columbia, he got shitfaced with hooker that he brought back to his hotel room. After having sex with her, he proceeded to pass out with the hooker in the room having full access to his credentials, weapons (keep in mind that he was on the Counter Assault Team), and undisclosed sensitive items. This is a perfect example personal behavior catching-up with an asshole until it eventually bled over to his work performance. This could have been prevented had his supervisor hauled his ass before the OPR when they first heard about his harem across the globe. Instead, they knew about this behavior and even ran cover to hide it from his family living in DC.
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-10-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You will find former USSS agents in many other fed agencies. It's not a coincidence. The USSS is well known for the Apache style of management: ride the horse until it's dead, force it back up, ride it 50 more miles then eat it. Unfortunately, many of the worst of the USSS "Apache" managers were brought over to the Federal Air Marshal Service during their post 9/11 expansion, which explains many of the issues with the FAMS as well.

Family life is hard when you're on the road 180 plus days per year during an election year.
    Winner, winner chicken dinner!
    13 years of dealing with all he retired USSS management has been... Interesting. 2 directors leaving under questionable circumstances. So glad we are final weeding them out but the non-sense is still there.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I know a guy in the Secret Service. Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, super patriot, father of two, all around great guy. Every time I see a USSS scandal, it sickens me to know he's being dragged down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    If you are around Caligula it is hard to remain uncorrupted.
    Let's not soil the good name 'Caligula' by comparisons to Obama. Bob Guccione deserves better.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Another problem child arrested today. This time it was a guy from the Uniformed Division who tried to break into his girlfriend's apartment...at midnight...with his issued handgun...

http://news.yahoo.com/u-secret-offic...182006755.html

I'm having a hard time laying all of this at the feet of management. Plenty of this jackassery is being perpetrated by worker bees.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

The bosses hire, train, equip, discipline and lead the worker bees. This is a failure in leadership.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The bosses hire, train, equip, discipline and lead the worker bees. This is a failure in leadership.
    I agree with Chuck. The culture of accountability is lacking in many government and private entities today. And that starts from the top down. As much as I dislike the current regime I am pretty sure it didn't start with them. It has just accelerated under their watch.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

A friend who was on the detail for the Clinton's before Bill got elected told me they were "Cleaned up Arkansas trailer trash" in how they treated people and how they acted behind closed doors. They had to ignore things like Hillary going apeshit and throwing plates and such at Bill, in any other venue a DV arrest would have been made. Then you have Bill sneaking women in and out, etc.
    I know a guy who was on the detail during the first term. Nothing changed. He said Hillary is the most vile bitch you can imagine.

Damn Chuck, I'm just going to follow you around and agree with what you say. It makes me look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I know a guy who was on the detail during the first term. Nothing changed. He said Hillary is the most vile bitch you can imagine.

I am also reliability told that Hillary snuck (sneaked?, I need a grammar check on aisle two...) more chicks into hotel rooms than Bill did. Not that I have a problem with other people's sexuality, it's the lies and bullshit and covering up that I despise.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Well, he never mentioned that… but nothing about that cunt would surprise me in the least.

User Tag List