Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service - Rotting from Within

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I shot for years with zero issues. Only a few of matches seem to be sponsored by "cop block"... Some OCTC types realllly hate cops.

Glad to hear there is a good DHS turn out for you matches! If I am trapped in El Paso again, I would love to head to New Mexico for a match. This past year I shot the "K9s 4 Cops" charity match, and the "Texas Association of First Responders" 3 gun match. Great times, great organizations.
    I don't tolerate any "heated" discussions (especially political) at our matches, you want to argue do it somewhere else we're here to shoot and have fun.
    I also have a zero tolerance for anti-Mil, anti-LE, anti- whatever talk.
    Again you want to talk trash about someone do it on the other side of the range gate not at my match because we are family friendly and inclusive.
    Good natured ribbing among friends excepted of course.

I think our biggest turnout was 12 or so USBP Agents from Artesia, every match has 2 or 3 Agents attending.
    The Alpine, Texas multi-gun matches are also very LE friendly, I usually share match director duties with one of the BP guys for those matches.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The issues that came up at one match were during the post Sandy Hook panic of "DHS is buying up all the ammo in the U.S. To round us all up for the FEMA death camps".... Yes, I was asked to explain why DHS bought all the ammo in the country...

People have also asked my why DHS bought 60,000 guillotines...as if it were true...and if it were, like I had anything yo do with the purchase... Some people just really hate cops and really believe everything they read on line. Sometimes, they bring that attitude to the range. It is the exception, but it has happened.

Glad to see you run a tight ship Jody!

To the OP and the Mods, sorry to de rail the thread. Not my intention.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

People have also asked my why DHS bought 60,000 guillotines.
    Where the hell do people come up with this crap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not take it as an insult, so no need to apologize! I have been called faaaaaar worse by folks who think the cuffs are a bit tight...

It is just as a LEO, I tend to hang out with other LEOs and my family. I was curious to hear an unbiased opinion from the general public. I think the name is kind of hokey myself. Not from a "gestapo" standpoint, but from a "we sound like an alarm company" standpoint. If anything "Homeland" reminds me of the Russian reference to the "Mother land"...

As a side note about feeling insulted about my job... at some matches I have been too, as well as some gun show events, I have had to learn to keep my job to myself. The Alex Jones tin foil hat hatred against DHS that flies from some of the folks makes me think I would not make it out of the match alive. People do rant and rave and think we are the real "gestapo". If they knew what I do, they probably would believe I was there spying on them, not enjoying a fun match on a pretty day. Sadly, I have only been competing in NRA TPC matches for the last couple of years. I know all competitors there are LEOs. 95% percent of folks at my last civilian match were nice and polite, but that 5% of "Cops should all be taken out and hung as traitors to the constitution for not shooting the president on sight" crap gets a bit heated. I just avoid it.
    When I initially started shooting IDPA, I made certain to never mentioned what I do for a living, and I shot from concealment instead of duty gear. One match I forgot to take off my cuffs and leave them in the truck...

After that I started shooting in duty gear, and one of the reasons I quit shooting IDPA was the rule change about duty gear in sanctioned matches.

If I were to shoot a match with a bunch of folks that didn't know me, I'd keep the full time job private and tell folks I teach college, which I do part time.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The MRAP thing was true though. Somewhat. Lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Somehow, folks think I am responsible for this crazy BS...
    Thou doth protest too much.... Komrade...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Thou doth protest too much.... Komrade...
    My cover is blown. You know too much.

That buzzing sound overhead is NOT an inbound drone strike. Ignore the buzz.....

Tam has a death camp near her. Its equiped with rail access, and special incinerators to cook the people in the special rail cars without even having to take them out of the cars.

Their lame excuse is its an amtrak repair facility or some such, the rail cars are car haulers. Yeah, right,.....

May have to start a crazy conspiracy thread later tonight...

User Tag List