Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Federal Cartridge shotgun loads for LE

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Those look like standard TRUBALL slugs, not the deep penetrator version. There is a deep penetrator TRUBALL in the vital-shok line as well as the Federal Premium Law Enforcement loading. Both boxes are clearly marked "DEEP PENETRATOR." If the box isn't marked, I would assume it is the standard TRUBALL slug which has pretty lousy penetration.
    I am fairly certain that I've seen the "deep penetrator" version offered at Cabela's or similar hunting/sporting goods place.

I'm curious if the Vital Shok version of Truball is the same at the LE version.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Does anyone know where you could find you LE132-1b right about now? im not having much luck
    "It's about killing people not launching space shuttles, don't over think it."-Trooper224

Pb127 dprs

For what its worth Ammunition to Go has the LEB127DPRS slugs

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc.../12-gauge-slug

Quote Originally Posted by digiadaamore View Post
    Does anyone know where you could find you LE132-1b right about now? im not having much luck
    The last time I saw them was when ammoman had them about a year ago. I was about to buy a case and then they were gone, and I've never seen them since. I look around for them about once a week. A few months ago, right before the ammo situation went bad, I got a case of the 132-00, glad I did when I did. I got tired of waiting for the 132-1B, and I wasn't a big fan of the #1 that I could find locally (Super X 3" Magnum... too much recoil).

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

I feared as much, i just ordered some TAP 00 buck, hopefully im not giving up much. I think its a pretty damn good load, especially with whats available right now
    "It's about killing people not launching space shuttles, don't over think it."-Trooper224

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by digiadaamore View Post
    I feared as much, i just ordered some TAP 00 buck, hopefully im not giving up much. I think its a pretty damn good load, especially with whats available right now
    In my guns, TAP about doubled the pattern size compared to the Federal FliteControl buck. Hopefully your guns will like it a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    In my guns, TAP about doubled the pattern size compared to the Federal FliteControl buck. Hopefully your guns will like it a little better.
    I think that's true of any load that doesn't have a Flite Control wad....hence why this load is so highly regarded. It's not that the TAP sucks.....just that compared to Flight Control, everything else sucks.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think that's true of any load that doesn't have a Flite Control wad....hence why this load is so highly regarded. It's not that the TAP sucks.....just that compared to Flight Control, everything else sucks.
    That pretty much sums it up, IMHO.

Over a decade ago, Chris Billings of Choke™ invented both a shot spread reducing and a shot spread eliminating wad design; both Federal and Hornady licensed the non-bonded Choke shot spread reducing design (ie. Flight Control and TAP).

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Over a decade ago, Chris Billings of Choke™ invented both a shot spread reducing and a shot spread eliminating wad design; both Federal and Hornady licensed the non-bonded Choke shot spread reducing design (ie. Flight Control and TAP).
    That being the case why does the federal seem to always produce tighter patterns?

User Tag List