Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mag flipping

You dudes are missing the point of the mag flip. I practice it every time I dry fire. Dry wall is taking a beating, but you can't put a price on quality training....

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    You dudes are missing the point of the mag flip. I practice it every time I dry fire. Dry wall is taking a beating, but you can't put a price on quality training....

Epic! I've neglected my Dynamic Pie Concepts studies. Thanks for sharing.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

while I don't do it as harsh as the above DPC video, I do flip the mags out. Twice I've run into a mag I've dropped straight down in front of me and bagged myself during a course of fire. That alone is reason enough for me. Get the friggin thing off to the side whenever possible. It also does help with the occasional sticky mag, which I've experienced with every semi I've owned except my Desert Eagle, those mags always drop free, but they also weigh a lot.
    I don't honestly believe it costs me any time, 99% of the time of my reloads are during movement anyhow, although this can result in unintended consequences, like almost braining Marianna Tilley in Jamaica two weeks ago. Dropped the mag with the normal flip, ran into it with my right foot and punted it back towards the gallery, just barely missing Marianna. Got a good ribbing for doing, and then Eric did the same thing, so I didn't feel so bad.
    I find the gun is still waiting for the mag to show up during my reloads, the flick is just a part of bringing the arm back as I index the elbow off my body.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    while I don't do it as harsh as the above DPC video, I do flip the mags out. Twice I've run into a mag I've dropped straight down in front of me and bagged myself during a course of fire. That alone is reason enough for me. Get the friggin thing off to the side whenever possible. It also does help with the occasional sticky mag, which I've experienced with every semi I've owned except my Desert Eagle, those mags always drop free, but they also weigh a lot.
    I don't honestly believe it costs me any time, 99% of the time of my reloads are during movement anyhow, although this can result in unintended consequences, like almost braining Marianna Tilley in Jamaica two weeks ago. Dropped the mag with the normal flip, ran into it with my right foot and punted it back towards the gallery, just barely missing Marianna. Got a good ribbing for doing, and then Eric did the same thing, so I didn't feel so bad.
    I find the gun is still waiting for the mag to show up during my reloads, the flick is just a part of bringing the arm back as I index the elbow off my body.
    I think that there is a difference between hitting the mag release and quickly turning the mag well into the support side for the reload, and in turning the gun first toward the outside and then slinging the magazine to the inside.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Site Supporter
    Here you go - the ultimate mag change flip - watch the fight clip:

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-29/agen...and-cool-cameo

Note that with this Glock, you don't have to rack after a reload (at least I didn't see it - might be there) and it is a one shot stop gun. It also causes your enemy to miss all shots.

I don't think I can do that flip. Ha!

That video is making me bleed out the eyes

This is why I don't watch any TV anymore other than the oldies. Fricken' Hogan's Heroes is more grounded in reality than that.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I would like to clarify that I am not a fan or the show, nor do I watch it. I saw the link on another forum and posted it for our amusement. So I have better taste than that.

No one watches a show where superheroes exist and expects any degree of realism.

I watch it because Marvel comics were a big part of my growing up (back in the 70s) and I find it fun for what it is. If I wanted realistic fights the shows I'd watch would be ... hmm ... well you got me there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    No one watches a show where superheroes exist and expects any degree of realism.

I watch it because Marvel comics were a big part of my growing up (back in the 70s) and I find it fun for what it is. If I wanted realistic fights the shows I'd watch would be ... hmm ... well you got me there.
    Since you were brave enough to admit watching, I guess I'll fess up too. I watch pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned. I don't expect much from this show, and that's usually what I get. I did enjoy seeing Patton Oswalt (Justified's Constable Bob) on the show. His character (characters?) was fun.

Site Supporter
    Well, for realism I preferred the new Godzilla where our hero was forced to draw his M9 on the gigantic MUTO monster. Luckily, Godzilla came by an breathed atomic fire down the Muto's head and then ripped it off. I think the Muto ate the soldiers firing M4s at it.

User Tag List