Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag flipping

It does work if you have older mags that are scuffed up, never noticed that it hurt anything, but you only want your mags so slick, because you have to hang onto them in order to get the gun reloaded
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    For the record, is the armor all thing a myth, useless or just a bad idea for plastic mags? If it's bad, can someone explain why?

Just curious.
    Don't know for sure, BUT, Armor All tends to attract things like dust (ever seen how "gewey" a nicely armor-alled dash gets if it sits for a couple of days?). I'd think that armor-alling your magazines, then dumping them on the typical range dirt/ground would result in some nasty, gritty magazines that would be EVEN LESS likely to drop free. But, I might be completely off base. I usually am.

Then again you might be right. Sounds like spraying something in silicone oil, sure it's slick as hell but the second dust touches it it's down for the count until scrubbed.

If I had mag drop issues oiling the mags would be a very last resort. Assuming a normal functioning brand/model something isn't right.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am now in possession of a G41 that likes to hang onto magazines.
    Corrective action: identify friction points and remove them with fine sand-paper and a razor.
    I had exactly the same issues

Mag flipping with a pistol always brings the vision of the Center Axis Relock reload.

Ok, I have to admit I have been flipping my gun to the right quickly while my support hand goes to get the reload.

I've seen a few folks do it, and after being in the middle of a reload - more times than I'd like, I;ve brought the new mag up to see the old mag still there. I added this movement and have enjoyed an empty magwell for my reload ever since.

I'll check my guns/mags for friction points.

So, when this has happened, it's probably been me tilting the gun for the new mag too soon?
    I would bet this has been the case.

Time to re-learn in dry practice I guess. I have been struggling with getting sub 2 sec reloads, I didn't think there was that much wasted time flipping the mags out but practice and the timer will tell I guess.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Re: Armor All
    I tried the Armor All trick, and found that while it would get the mag out of the gun pretty well, it would also make my hands slippery, to the point of detriment with the reload.
    Didn't have issues with dust/dirt, but I applied it pretty thin.
    I do not recommend.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Mag flipping with a pistol always brings the vision of the Center Axis Relock reload.
    No kidding. I had forgotten about that bonehead.

It came back to me when I saw a clip from the movie John Wick. He was in a sauna / bar / nightclub something or other and transitioned in and out of the CAR, he even got in the CAR mag flip reload. Hmm, John Wick mag-flip. Kinda catchy.

John Wick Mag Flip

Wow! Now I'm not sure if I want to see that movie. Heard it was entertaining.

Another thing I hate about Hollywood is the obsessive need to rack the slide before someone shoots. You could watch Ninja stealth guy load up and chamber a round in one scene, but in the next scene, when he gets within shooting distance, he racks it one more time for a) movie drama and b) to give the quarry a chance to react.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List