Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK on HK site

Ugly little rat.

It has a safety....maybe marketed at P30S buyers.

Looks kinda like a new baseplate on the mAg so s might not be P2000sk compatible.

Mehhh...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm with everyone else it shoulda been a VP9SK. I have a P2000SK LEM V1 so I'm not in the market for a P30SK but VP9SK might peak my interest.
    Richard B.
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

I'm not sure what anyone thought the P30sk would be, except exactly this - a P2000sk with P30 grip "improvements"

Looks like HK delivered EXACTLY what the name of the pistol implied. I'm in the "mehh" category myself, but I'm sure these will sell like G43s to the HK crowd...

This gun has been rumored for a long time. HK pretty much delivered per speculation. I'm surprised at the strong "should have been a VP9sk" reaction. This gun is meant to be carried concealed, and with the safety issues often voiced concerning striker fired pistols for AIWB, I would have thought that a smaller P30 would be a welcome choice. It seems that many of the concerns voiced about the safety issues of using a Glock AIWB have vanished once the VP9 appeared.

Mehhh because it'll have the crappy H&K DA/SA trigger along with that safety.
    I'd rather have a M&Pc with safety if I was going that route.
    If it was a P30SK LEM that'd be better, but not "better enough" to replace my P2000SK.
    At least a VP9SK would fill a void in H&K's 2015 lineup, especially if they want VP9 LE sales.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What am I missing? The website shows the P30SK will be available in both V1 and V3 configurations.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    This gun has been rumored for a long time. HK pretty much delivered per speculation. I'm surprised at the strong "should have been a VP9sk" reaction. This gun is meant to be carried concealed, and with the safety issues often voiced concerning striker fired pistols for AIWB, I would have thought that a smaller P30 would be a welcome choice. It seems that many of the concerns voiced about the safety issues of using a Glock AIWB have vanished once the VP9 appeared.
    Do you realize not everyone carries AIWB?

I think HK was testing the waters for acceptance of a striker fired offering with the VP9 it's one fish in a big sf sea, speaking for myself I prefer hammer fired HK handguns and I will look very seriously at the P30sk V1 to replace my P2sk if build quality and reliability is worthy of HK No Comprimise standards.

User Tag List