Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK on HK site

I find the aggressive MSRP to be interesting. Seems they are dropping the MSRP into the VP9 range rather than the P30 / P2000 range.

At that price they may sell well, just like the VP9. Wondering what their end game is with pricing.

I also agree that it's a bit on the late side of the equation. Seems like they should have completed a platform then released another. But I'm guessing that a market need for a quality striker fired gun was greater than a sub compact.

It would be nice to see them round out each platform (striker and hammer) with a sub compact, standard and long model at similar price points is people can pick and chose as they like.

I think one of the reasons HK didn't release an VP9 compact yet--speculating on German corporate reasoning here-- is that since the VP9 and P30/P30sk take the same mags, you can just carry a VP9 and have this as your backup. That would also explain the price point being in the VP9 range.
    I am not saying their reasoning is sound, just that that is probably what they were thinking.
    This has been in development for three years, and releasing it now could be a stop-gap until a VP9c meets their stringent testing standards.

Site Supporter
    It's going to be a while before there's a VP9c or SK or whatever. VP40 is next followed by something else and then maybe a compact. Watch and see...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's going to be a while before there's a VP9c or SK or whatever. VP40 is next followed by something else and then maybe a compact. Watch and see...
    VP45?
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    VP45?
    Nope. While folks seem to want an SK version of the gun, I think you're going to see them take the opposite direction in slide length.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I... hope you are wrong.
    "A man's character is his fate."

A VP9L with a 5" barrel would be nice and easy to make using the current VP9 frame but a VP9SK would sell much better.

Site Supporter
    Any word of the will make a manual safety vp9?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    For all the P30 fan's on here, HK's website has the P30 SK, coming out at NRA 2015.

http://hk-usa.com/product/pistols/
    Hello my pretty...a cocked and locked capable polymer frame 9mm...don't mind if I do...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I find the aggressive MSRP to be interesting. Seems they are dropping the MSRP into the VP9 range rather than the P30 / P2000 range.

At that price they may sell well, just like the VP9. Wondering what their end game is with pricing.

I also agree that it's a bit on the late side of the equation. Seems like they should have completed a platform then released another. But I'm guessing that a market need for a quality striker fired gun was greater than a sub compact.

It would be nice to see them round out each platform (striker and hammer) with a sub compact, standard and long model at similar price points is people can pick and chose as they like.
    I'm guessing they want to sell more guns. Wasn't HK on the verge of bankruptcy, or still is?

I may be slightly biased as I just picked up a VP9 and instantly became a fanboy, but if they can make guns of this quality at near Glock prices, then I think they stand a good chance of getting a large slice of the pie. I mean, for $650 you get a pistol that needs absolutely nothing. Sights are good, trigger is good, barrel is very good, great ergos, etc. As long as there is no drop in quality with the drop in prices, I would say it's a pretty exciting time to be into HKs.

User Tag List