Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK on HK site

I am totally meh on this. Doesn't seem to offer anything over my P2KSK. I definitely could have used a hammer fired Shield-ish sized single stack with LEM trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.

I know HK has their own way of doing things, but wouldn't it have made more sense to skip developing a P30SK and instead focus on having a VP9SK ready to debut shortly after the VP9?
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    I am totally meh on this. Doesn't seem to offer anything over my P2KSK. I definitely could have used a hammer fired Shield-ish sized single stack with LEM trigger.
    I'm with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Front slide serrations, larger magazine release, most likely better sight selection (if it uses the same dovetails as the P30/HK45 series), Spider-Man grips, manual safety option. So, nothing that should really make you give up your P2000SK if you already have one.

Seeing how the P30 was released in 2006, it took ~8 years to push out the P30SK. So, a VP9SK can be expected at around 2022. Maths, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Other than changeable lateral panels, please tell me what this offers over the P2000Sk.
    Going out on a limb here, but like MP3 says, I doubt this launch is pitched at existing P2000Sk owners. It's probably more about releasing an SK with the same feature set as the P30 and that also sounds better when selling a FS/SK package to LE/MIL.

It's hard to believe the grip is that much better, especially since they put the 87 octane VP9 style stippling on the side panels, but I'm sure it's an improvement. Having a truly functional mag release that doesn't cause a large and painful blister (HK45c retrofitted) after 3 hrs shooting is a big deal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    most likely better sight selection (if it uses the same dovetails as the P30/HK45 series)
    Excellent point. I hadn't considered that.
    Taking a break from social media.

I will wait on the subcompact VP9 which has a better trigger. We all know the barrel length is not correct on the HK website.
    The barrel length should be approximately 3.20".
    Last edited by JBP55; 04-08-2015 at 03:11 PM.

I am interested enough to want one in LEM flavor. If it works out for us, we could end up with a few more. That way everyone in our family has the same "full-size" and "compact" pistols. I assume it will take magazines from the P30.

Hopefully the LEM version will not have a safety.

I'll want to fondle one when I can, but I have to agree with eyemahm on this one... it's probably not for the P2000SK owners out there already.
    I'm no fan of the P2000 but I love my P2000SK twins.

As for why this was shipped and not the vaporware VP9SK.... the P30SK has probably been in the development pipeline for quite a while. That's not to say the VP9SK doesn't exist in the lab, but I'm willing to bet a P30SK that it's been tooled up for production for a lot longer.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I can think of 4 guns that should have come out before this abomination:

P2000-sized VP9
    P2000SK-sized VP9
    P30L-sized VP9
    P2000-sized P30

What can I say.....I'm an HK fan boy.

I want one. Just like I want a P2000sk and USPc, if I had the income.

But HK missed the mark. This should have come out at least 5 years ago. What they should have done was release a VP9sk instead, even if it meant eschewing the P30sk. Not only would the VP9sk have great sales like its bigger brother has enjoyed, but it's the most logical market lineup that customers want...both LE and private citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    Going out on a limb here, but like MP3 says, I doubt this launch is pitched at existing P2000Sk owners. It's probably more about releasing an SK with the same feature set as the P30 and that also sounds better when selling a FS/SK package to LE/MIL.
    I'm not aware of any agency which is actively hunting for a DA pistol, though. They're pretty much all going to SFA pistols.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List