Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proctor Covert B.E.L.T.

Proctor Covert B.E.L.T.

Sorry if this was already posted and I missed it.
    http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-covert-b-e-l-t/

Has anyone tried one of these? Looks interesting, especially for carrying a flashlight and OC spray. Big question for me would be if the loops maintain tightness.

I don't like that it leaves the open ends of the mags exposed. For one I want my mag carriers to keep debris out of the mags. Also it isn't very covert if a bullet falls off you as you go about your business...

Site Supporter
    Most of the kydex mag pouches available today are very low profile and give your magazines the added protection from dirt, etc. I am not a lawyer, but I would not want a bullet with my fingerprints on it, being discovered on the floor of a public place.

I really like the flashlight holder idea but it doesn't seem to be a viable EDC alternative to mag pouches. Kydex pouches should (theoretically) be faster and yield more stability on the waist but that's just my worthless opinion.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Yeah I'm iffy on using it for mags, but could be slick for other gear.
    Chris Fry with MDTS is evaluating it, and I'm sure he'll run it through plenty of FoF.

I kinda dig the concept as a grab-n-go type option - you could keep the belt in a go-bag with mags and have a way to carry a couple on body in addition to the bag or something if you had to scoot sans-belt or wrong-belted. But I also usually wear my buckle on my right side so that would mess up all the loop locations.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I can see the loops being useful for flashlights and maybe even a folding knife or similar item. But I'm in the questionable mode for mags. Exposed bullets and feed lips just aren't my cup of tea given the availability to quality low pro Kydex mag carriers.

As for the go bag idea, I think you'll be better severe with a think molle belt set up with whatever you want that can be grabbed and then slapped on over your existing belt. But, then you know what they say about opinions.

I see an opportunity to integrate a sleeve to protect the top round. Not a full pouch but a sleeve of sorts.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Looks like it'd be great for impromptu flag football games. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    As for the go bag idea, I think you'll be better severe with a think molle belt set up with whatever you want that can be grabbed and then slapped on over your existing belt. But, then you know what they say about opinions.
    I agree on the war-belt setup being preferable. My thought was more along the lines of pistol and extra pistol mags and flashlight, spray, whatever will fit, perhaps that can be stashed in a small compartment of a vehicle or in the office, and you'd have something that could be threaded on, shirt untucked over it, and be both functional and discreet even if you were stuck in slacks and a dress shirt when something went down. More of a "walk home from the office after the Islamo-Commie Chiranians set off the big EMP" kind of thing. A stretch for sure, but there's a niche for most anything. A good warbelt setup is both bulky and relatively expensive to piece together for that application (a.k.a. the "put it away and never look twice" application )
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List