Thread: P30 Lem v sig 250

P30 Lem v sig 250

So I have read a lot of comments about how most folks hate the 250 trigger. It seems people dislike it because it is long with a very long reset. I buy that and can see why one would dislike it. However, I tried for the first time to dry fire a p30 with a Lem trigger and is occurred to me that it's a long but light pull with a long reset. Now I think it's light on the take up then you hit a wall where it gets a bit heavier then it trips as compared to the 250 that seems more of a long consitant pull. Unfortunately I didn't try them back to back. So I was wondering if any of you all has done so and what is the big difference between these two systems that one is loved and one is hated. I realize that the Lem is really cocked and the sig is not - so I am not looking for a technical explanation of the difference but I am just talking the feel of the trigger. Any thoughts? And if I like the Lem will I like the 250?
    Makers of fine leather for the 1911

The P30 offers a quicker second shot capability if that's your bag. I think the best LEM out there is the one on the original USP compacts, which is 30% shorter than the P30 with respect to reset.

There just different. The P250 is nice for what it is a long light DAO pull. Some of my favorite triggers out there:

LEM
    DAK
    PPX
    P99 AS
    PPQ
    CCP

Site Supporter
    Back in the late 90s my agency transitioned from the Beretta 96D, DAO To the HK USP compact with the V2 heavy LEM. The 96D has a long smooth DAO trigger like the P250. There is almost no weight to the take up of the LEM and for me, both for my first shot and subsequent shot times are much better with the LEM.

The USP compact does have a shorter reset LEM then the P 30 series guns, however I shoot my P 30 L V1 LEM just fine.

If you are debating between these two trigger systems and want the best of both I strongly urge you to take a look at the SIG 320.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-14-2015 at 07:36 PM.

I can't really say I am debating. I like the Lem a lot but really like the idea of the 250/320 interchange components. I am not familiar with the syncope. Is it different then the 320 striker fired trigger?
    Makers of fine leather for the 1911

Site Supporter
    That was a typo – Should read SIG P320.

Site Supporter
    Overall P320 > P250. Unless you're specifically looking for a hammer fired gone so you can thumb check it during AIWB Carry I can't think of a reason to look at the P250 over the P320.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That was a typo – Should read SIG P320.
    I'd take the 320.
    #RESIST

User Tag List