Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Glock Service remove non-standard OEM parts?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    When I was just there last week I saw them give another consumer a baggie with his all metal aftermarket RSA unit. I would expect aftermarket parts all to be returned.
    They routinely upgrade all parts to the latest greatest and its is NOT their SOP to return replaced OEM parts.
    Thanks for the additional info!
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

When a pistol is received at the factory for service, they simply replace everything. I don't think that practice has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    It took me longer to read this thread than it takes to detail strip a Glock...................
    Well, in my case I have to add on the time it takes to hunt down the original parts in whatever drawer or box I happened to tuck them in a year ago.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Something else I accidentaled into at Smyrna, is the tech asked me if I had any magazines in my bag. Well it so happened I had 2 G17 mags and one G19 mag in this bag. They were "range mags" that had thousands of rounds on them and reloads and dirt wiped off.

He insisted I let him update them. I assumed that would mean the follower.

He comes out and reviews: he updated the follower, then new springs, then since the bodies were dinged up he replaced those with new Gen 4 bodies.

I'm like whaaaaat? So I got new everything but the base pads. Free. Just like the inspect and upgrade of the guns.

Not too shabby I didn't think.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I have taken multiple Glocks to Glock Smyrna for "inspection" or to have Glock night sights installed ($55 installed!). I always took a few mags to get "inspected" also. Every time, I got new mags on a one for one exchange and I got the orginal slide, frame, and barrel back but it appeared that all other parts were new. The ability to visit Glock Smyrna is a real benefit to living in the Atlanta area.

User Tag List