Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Feature - Ignore Threads and/or Forums

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I use it a ton. I wonder if it runs out of space.
    I seem to be adding threads to my ignore list at an accelerating rate...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I’ve never used this feature (beyond testing it to learn how it works — and to make sure it works), but I’ve recently started and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTEY FANTASTIC!

It doesn’t appear to have been ported to vBulletin 5, so I hope the bossman sticks with 4.x.
    Yep, I'm a regular user and fan of it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I’ve never used this feature (beyond testing it to learn how it works — and to make sure it works), but I’ve recently started and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTEY FANTASTIC!
    Name:  2382.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  40.2 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Got a related question on this front; perhaps I am missing a feature of the "ignore" system, so thought I'd ask.

Say you have a user on ignore, their posts don't show up, in threads, at all.

But is there a way to ignore threads they start, as a part of that setting, as well? Maybe there is a "also ignore threads started by" check box I missed?

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, just occurred to me this morning when I manually ignored yet another thread started by yet another user on my (albeit, pretty small; actually single digit. Ok, to be honest really, only one) ignore list.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Got a related question on this front; perhaps I am missing a feature of the "ignore" system, so thought I'd ask.

Say you have a user on ignore, their posts don't show up, in threads, at all.

But is there a way to ignore threads they start, as a part of that setting, as well? Maybe there is a "also ignore threads started by" check box I missed?

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while, just occurred to me this morning when I manually ignored yet another thread started by yet another user on my (albeit, pretty small; actually single digit. Ok, to be honest really, only one) ignore list.

Thanks!
    I don't know about here...but on bladeforums, if you put a person on ignore, you won't see threads they've started...even ones that are not new and you may have participated in.

I agree, it would be a nice feature...though you have to be careful not to block a thread that you otherwise might want to stay abreast of.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  DDD976C7-6449-4EA0-AB12-DEC89DED9631.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  41.3 KB

Can anyone tell me if this prompt goes away with prolonged ignoring?

I was thinking these prompts stay rather than eventually ghosting a user… but if no trace of users is what it turns into (like Glock Talk) that would be delicious and I would certainly make better use of the feature!

User Tag List