Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Feature - Ignore Threads and/or Forums

Site Supporter

New Feature - Ignore Threads and/or Forums

I should bump this thread more often.

Sometimes there are just threads, and maybe even entire sub-forums, on PF that for a variety of reasons we'd rather not see anymore. When that happens, instead of letting it frustrate you, consider using the instructions in this post to make your time on PF slightly more enjoyable.

Site Supporter
    This thread is overdue for a bump -- especially given some of the recent threads that seem to be driving some members to "quit" and/or ask me to delete their accounts (there's been a spate of that sort of thing recently). In any case, if there's a thread or sub-forum, on PF that you'd rather not see, you can make it effectively go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I should bump this thread more often.

Sometimes there are just threads, and maybe even entire sub-forums, on PF that for a variety of reasons we'd rather not see anymore. When that happens, instead of letting it frustrate you, consider using the instructions in this post to make your time on PF slightly more enjoyable.
    To ignore a thread, click on the Thread Tools menu and select Ignore this Thread:

To ignore an entire forum/subforum, click on the Forum Tools menu and then select Ignore this Forum:

To manage your ignored threads and forums, as well as where they are ignored, click on Settings at the top of the screen:

then select Thread & Forum Ignore Lists under My Settings and My Account on the left side of the screen:

Now you can configure things to your liking and/or un-ignore stuff:

Enjoy! And you're welcome! (and I apologize for the stupid formatting -- it looked even worse without it. )

"Ignore" is the most useful, time saving feature of this forum. On other forums (like m4carbine), after 2 - 3 days when I click 'new posts' 10 pages of threads pop up, nine and a half of them are clutter I don't care about.

Thanks for enabling this Tom_Jones

@Tom_Jones

Now that I've ignored the romper room, will it's posts still show under the "What's New" tab?

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    @Tom_Jones

Now that I've ignored the romper room, will it's posts still show under the "What's New" tab?

-Cory
    Nope (assuming you havenít changed the default settings). Itíll be like it doesnít even exist.

Site Supporter
    Iíve never used this feature (beyond testing it to learn how it works ó and to make sure it works), but Iíve recently started and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTEY FANTASTIC!

It doesnít appear to have been ported to vBulletin 5, so I hope the bossman sticks with 4.x.

Iíve never used this feature (beyond testing it to learn how it works ó and to make sure it works), but Iíve recently started and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTEY FANTASTIC!

It doesnít appear to have been ported to vBulletin 5, so I hope the bossman sticks with 4.x.
    I use it a ton. I wonder if it runs out of space.
    ďTactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Ē - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Just discovered this as well. It may salvage my desire to keep visiting as well as maintain my site supporter status. Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I use it a ton. I wonder if it runs out of space.
    I seem to be adding threads to my ignore list at an accelerating rate...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    ďIt doesnít matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.Ē
    Glenn Reynolds

Yep, I'm a regular user and fan of it.
    "I realized all the mindset talk was useless without action and that with action, all the mindset talk was unnecessary." - Mike Pannone

User Tag List