Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Feature - Ignore Threads and/or Forums

Ignore threads feature: Let's pretend people aren't talking about other things that bother me. I don't get it. I use the link to see New Postings and Threads where I posted something. If I read a thread I don't want to continue reading....I just don't continue reading it. Maybe people need a way to protect themselves from being tempted to continue to read threads they don't like...but I don't get it. Doesn't bother me and I won't use the feature.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Since I'm out of control and derailing threads all over the place today, I'll mention that I picked up a P320 today. I'd heard that it was similar to a Glock in that the striker wasn't fully tensioned. This got me sort of excited for gadgety reasons. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It's a lot more like an M&P or VP9 than a Glock.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Let's pretend people aren't talking about other things that bother me.
    Sometimes the RR takes up the vast majority of the "What's New" section. I really don't care about 99% of what's in that section, and now I can substantially clean up my "What's New" feed with one click. That's a win in my book.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Ignore threads feature: Let's pretend people aren't talking about other things that bother me. I don't get it.
    ...but I don't get it. Doesn't bother me and I won't use the feature.
    Cody
    OK cool: no need to use it.

You don't get some of the things I like. I don't get some of the things you like. The world is great that way
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Every thread is sacred
    Every thread is great
    If a thread gets ignored
    5 stars I'll rate...
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I've found that one of the "secrets" to happiness is simply avoiding the little things that you know are going to piss you off. So if thread/forum ignore lists can help someone be happier, that's great. If they don't, that's also great.
    Yep. It's why I generally avoid war movies and most news sites these days, and have started avoiding my local forum. It's also why I quit spending time on Facebook. I don't think I'll make much use of the ignore feature, but it's nice to have.

"Ignore" is the most useful, time saving feature of this forum. On other forums (like m4carbine), after 2 - 3 days when I click 'new posts' 10 pages of threads pop up, nine and a half of them are clutter I don't care about.

Thanks for enabling this Tom_Jones

@Tom_Jones

Now that I've ignored the romper room, will it's posts still show under the "What's New" tab?

-Cory

I’ve never used this feature (beyond testing it to learn how it works — and to make sure it works), but I’ve recently started and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTEY FANTASTIC!

It doesn’t appear to have been ported to vBulletin 5, so I hope the bossman sticks with 4.x.
    I use it a ton. I wonder if it runs out of space.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

CWM11B
    Just discovered this as well. It may salvage my desire to keep visiting as well as maintain my site supporter status. Time will tell...

User Tag List