Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig M11-A1

Sig M11-A1

Sig M11-A1, aka: bastardized P228, aka: P229-1 no rail
    150 rounds of S&B 115gr. FMJ, 50 rounds Fiocchi 115gr. FMJ, 50 rounds Monarch 124gr. JHP, 50 rounds Aguila 124gr. FMJ and 50 rounds Speer Gold Dot 124gr. JHP ready to hit the range in a couple of hours for it's maiden voyage.
    Should have the 2000 round challenge done by Sunday if everything goes off well today.
    The trigger is a little gritty right now but should smooth up with use. The short reset trigger is very nice. The short trigger is "meh", i'm getting a tiny bit of finger pinch in dry fire.
    3 mags and night sights are nice considering Sig has been known to ship a single mag and an IOU.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Looking forward to it!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I dig Jody's new gun threads.
    #RESIST

Lived with a 229R for about 3 years. Shot well and disappeared in a Sparks Versa Max II. Still wonder why I quit it.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

Very interested in this, as I have almost purchased on several occasions.
    Taking a break from social media.

I like these Jody threads.

I have 2 229 no rail pistols. My only issue is I use a Safariland ALS holster enough and the non rail pistols seem harder to get a proper fit. Those with the SAS treatment for example, fit differently than a no rail 229.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Please include legacy 13 round magazines in the challenge.

Should be interesting. I just finished the 2K challenge on a MK25. The best thing about SIG's is how smooth the triggers become after a few thousand rounds.

Are those CM magazines that came with it Jody, or MG?

For 229-1 mags I have 9 Checkmates and 1 MecGar magazine.
    The M11-A1 came with 3 CM's.
    I might have a real "legacy" 13 round mag (from 1994 or so) in my box-o-stuff, I'll look for it later.
    I'm packed and headed to the range now, should be back in a couple of hours.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I did one of those on a MK 25 a while back. It really wanted lubrication by the end--the slide started slowing down and it was just barely making it back into battery, but it completed the 2000 rounds. Very nice pistol--but it likes to be run wet!

User Tag List