Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

I carry a Gen 4 17 with HD's daily, and I'll be darned if it's not a reliable, accurate and versatile platform. Perfect? No, but it does everything that I need it to, and it's given excellent service in 32,000+ rounds.

I'm just waiting on my GSSF coupon to buy my first Glock. The plan was to get a G19 of course. However, I handled a G17 yesterday and now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 396 View Post
    I'm just waiting on my GSSF coupon to buy my first Glock. The plan was to get a G19 of course. However, I handled a G17 yesterday and now I'm not so sure.
    Can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by 396 View Post
    I find I shoot a glock 17 a little better but I honestly can make a g19 disappear whilE a g17 is a chore. Obviously a personal problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    and...?

And a device I love to use for the safety of reholstering stays on my carry G19 99% of the time. Though I'd love one for all my Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    And a device I love to use for the safety of reholstering stays on my carry G19 99% of the time. Though I'd love one for all my Glocks

I'm jealous..

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post

Where did you get that? Is that the device Todd developed?

1) on the Gadget, go Tom go!

Funny story -- a few matches ago, a Glock shooting Production GM asked to look at my Proctor Y sights at the end of the match. I handed him my pistol in its soft case, and he went over to the safety area with it. Next thing, I hear him exclaiming "your Glock is broken." I explain to him why it is not broken, and his immediate response is "how do I get some of them?"

2) I am not sure I would say the G4 17 is the perfect gun, but it has certainly matured into this decade's equivalent of the steel, five inch 1911. Bill Rogers says the 17 is the pistol he would pick to take in extremis (watch out Travis) due to its combination of shootability, reliability, availability and ability to be user maintained. I still shoot a CZ better, but not enough to matter except in games. I got me another G4 17 with HD sights from a buddy in the last week, because/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Gen4 19 with the GFA "Civilizer" installed. Not only does it stop the hand grinding, it beautifies the hell out of it. Alters the grip angle to more civilized standards. 10-8 rear, Ameriglo up front.

Needs the Gadget badly though.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  51.4 KB
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

My GEN4 G17 (w/ HD sights) has performed admirably at a number of training courses. Has probably spent the most time carried among my pistols over the past few years. Most of my pistols have the HD sights installed at this point.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List