Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

That G4 17 sounds awesome. Now if only they made them in .40...

Funny about preferences. I prefer the G4 trigger to the G3, and I reload the G4 gun faster than a G3, and about as fast as I have ever reloaded anything.

As far as using G3 bars in G4 guns, I know a few people who do, and it hasn't been a problem yet. Yet. Glock certainly didn't redesign the bar just because.

Site Supporter
    I love the Gen4 G17. I have 4. My carry gun was cut to take 19 mags. That is about ideal for me for a carry piece. I've thought about switching things up to try something different many times. In the end I just can't justify it. The Glock's are affordable so I can have several copies of my primary. Easy to work on with lot's of support. Light enough for a carry gun. Mine are all reliable and accurate enough for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I love the Gen4 G17. I have 4. My carry gun was cut to take 19 mags. That is about ideal for me for a carry piece. I've thought about switching things up to try something different many times. In the end I just can't justify it. The Glock's are affordable so I can have several copies of my primary. Easy to work on with lot's of support. Light enough for a carry gun. Mine are all reliable and accurate enough for my needs.
    I've given a few competitors a decent test drive. 2400 rds with an M&P, 800 rds with a 320 FS, 500 rds 92FS/G, 300 rds P226. All fine pistols I could easily live with if that's what I had. Especially fond of the 320 and will probably try a C at a later date. But with an investment of about 8 pistols, holsters that fit all of them, mags, and at the end of the day I pretty much still shot the G's better (on average; I shot the best Bill Drill of my life first time out with the 320) . . . what the heck.

A compact FDE 320 with the 2015 upgrades is on my wish list though.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've given a few competitors a decent test drive. 2400 rds with an M&P, 800 rds with a 320 FS, 500 rds 92FS/G, 300 rds P226. All fine pistols I could easily live with if that's what I had. Especially fond of the 320 and will probably try a C at a later date. But with an investment of about 8 pistols, holsters that fit all of them, mags, and at the end of the day I pretty much still shot the G's better (on average; I shot the best Bill Drill of my life first time out with the 320) . . . what the heck.

Same here, did give a P226 a test run a couple summers ago. However, I shoot the Glocks well. Have 7 of them currently, plus mags, holsters, mag pouches, site pusher, spare parts, ect...Just can't justify switching.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Do not tell me that JHC. Trying to stick to Glocks and HK.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Do not tell me that JHC. Trying to stick to Glocks and HK.
    It's largely because in Small it will fit Mom and two daughter in laws perfectly. I'll probably never shoot it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Just something about a Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon HD's that makes ya feel like you'd never need anything else out of a handgun. Reliable, affordable, easy to work on, & with virtually endless afternarket support.
    I love the 17 but for me the Gen 4 G19 is the best. It fits my hand better, I shoot it just as accurate & just as fast plus it's much easier to conceal.

If I could only have one pistol, it would be a 17. If I could only own 2, I'd add another 17.

I'm kinda surprised to see all this 17 love. I always figured that the 19 was the favorite, when did this change? I don't really do Glocks so I guess I'm out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I'm kinda surprised to see all this 17 love. I always figured that the 19 was the favorite, when did this change? I don't really do Glocks so I guess I'm out of the loop.

Pay attention, 19 love was last week, this week we are loving the 17.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List