Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

I'll read about it and do it for my wife!!!

jason

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I prefer the Gen 4 trigger bar and was installing the newer style trigger bars in Gen 3 Glocks early on and many others were installing the old style Gen 3 bars in their Gen 4 Glocks.
    People should adjust their triggers to their liking which can be quite different among a large group of shooters.
    Can you summarize the pros and cons of use of each gen trigger bar in different gen pistols?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I ran a couple thousand through a Gen4 G17 and was very impressed. Almost perfect reliability, kind of easy to shoot (Glock triggers for me are hard to remember how to shoot, but there was nothing else about the G17 that wasn't fun), and there's something undefinably cool about how insensitive they are. However, for my frame, I never could conceal a G17 comfortably, and traded it for a G19 (which has so far been very satisfying).
    Ignore Alien Orders

Been thinking of sticking with Glock for a bit I love the VP9 and P30 but my wife is a glock girl and I just shoot the Glock well even if I do not shoot in a few weeks. Granted I shoot better with defoors znd Hacks than the HD sights and thinking of getting rid of my HD sights. I am just too use to the Dawson front tritium and 10-8 rear black rear.

I have 2 gen3 19s and a gen 2 19. Really want to get a gen4 17. I have too much support gear for Glocks.

"Funny how a year - two years ago, you couldn't get some people here to wipe their shoes on a Gen 4 9mm Glock.... oh how times have changed"
    Yeah--they actually usually work now, unlike a few years ago....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

The only "advantage" I think that the Gen3 models have is for IWB carry. All of my Gen4's are like cheese graters when I carry IWB, even with an undershirt (long torso). This is subjective of course and others may not have any issue. Other than that I prefer the Gne4 models even if the trigger feels slightly different. For me that negligible difference in the grip circumference and the Gen4 mag release makes all the difference in the world. My perfect carry gun would be a Gen3 smooth frame with a Gen4 mag release. I am not willing to smooth out one of my Gen4's just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can you summarize the pros and cons of use of each gen trigger bar in different gen pistols?
    The Gen 4 trigger has a different feel that I prefer that is hard for me to describe now because I have been enhancing them before firing for more than 5 years. The first one I owned felt solid and had a good break but was heavy for my use so it was enhanced and fired 52,000+ rounds with zero issues before being traded.
    The Gen 4 trigger bar has more kick up where it rides on the tang of the firing pin.
    There is always a POSSIBILITY that you will have to bend the cruciform on a Gen 3 trigger bar when using it in a Gen 4 pistol to get a good 65% contact. Too little contact can POSSIBLY cause a Glock to Double/Triple with one trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yeah--they actually usually work now, unlike a few years ago....
    They worked awesomely, then they really didn't so much for a bit, now they appear to be working again........

It seems Todd wrote and article on this sort of thing once.........
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Just something about a Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon HD's that makes ya feel like you'd never need anything else out of a handgun. Reliable, affordable, easy to work on, & with virtually endless afternarket support.
    It is the best Glock yet- IMHO.

Getting the urge to go rent one at the range again. PF is expensive!

User Tag List