Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

I remember when the G19/17 was the guns for the masses and the P30 was for those who operate operationally.

I obviously haven't been around long enough to know....
    David S.

What is this p30 LEM you speak of... I thought hk dumped the p30 for the vp9..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What is this p30 LEM you speak of... I thought hk dumped the p30 for the vp9..
    That would be the end users.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Just something about a Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon HD's that makes ya feel like you'd never need anything else out of a handgun. Reliable, affordable, easy to work on, & with virtually endless afternarket support.

Except I can't shoot cast lead .45 Long Colt bullets from it and the SASS guys think I look silly carrying it in an El Paso Rio Grande holster on my right hip with a Ruger Vaquero in the matching left hip holster...

The are no one-size-fits-all firearms.

Jeff

Where is the 34 love? It's a 17 but mo better.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Where is the 34 love? It's a 17 but mo better.
    big hole in the top of the slide = ugly
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    big hole in the top of the slide = ugly
    True. But it's a Glock. I mean, come on. It's a glock.

I thought that big hole in top of the slide would just let dirt and maybe even little pebbles in if a LE Officer when down during a struggle of diving behind cover, but to my knowledge this has never happen, but still it concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I thought that big hole in top of the slide would just let dirt and maybe even little pebbles in if a LE Officer when down during a struggle of diving behind cover, but to my knowledge this has never happen, but still it concerns me.

Larry Vickers says the long slide models are a no go for duty use for that reason.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I think jlw here on these pages just recently described a training event he was at that involved getting down and dirty on the ground and an officer using a G34/35 got a pebble down through that cutout that locked the pistol up tight.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List