Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

Glock 17 Gen 4.....the perfect gun?

Just something about a Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon HD's that makes ya feel like you'd never need anything else out of a handgun. Reliable, affordable, easy to work on, & with virtually endless afternarket support.

Site Supporter
    I totally agree.

A while back I picked up Todd's backup PTC endurance gun, which was an early Gen4 17 with HDs. I love it. I was anti-HD, when I just tried them here and there, but after having put some substantial time behind them, I've changed my mind.

It's now my favorite gun.

For sure my favorite. I don't think I'll get rid of my gen3 19's, but I really want to pick up a gen4 19. That gen4 texture is just as grippy as my rtf or stippled stuff, near as I can tell. Maybe I'll do a head to head with wet or oily hands one day, see if there's a noticeable difference in performance with slippery hands.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I have a Gen 3 G19 and I am picking up a Gen 4 later this month. Once I get a gadget for each of them I don't think I will need anything else..

After trying many popular platforms and many Glocks over the years, my favorite shooting gun is my Gen 4 G17 with Trijicon HD sights.

I carry a gen 4 17 w HD's on duty. I see many other guns I like, but nothing that would make want to transition over.

Perfect? No. But pretty close to it.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    and...?
    ...it would be truly perfect if only he had a readily available aftermarket device for blocking the striker from actuating via thumb pressure?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I just ordered (2) NIB X coated Gen 4 G17's. One as a backup to my carry gun & the other going to my brother as a b day present.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    ...it would be truly perfect if only he had a readily available aftermarket device for blocking the striker from actuating via thumb pressure?
    Ya tom

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I just ordered (2) NIB X coated Gen 4 G17's. One as a backup to my carry gun & the other going to my brother as a b day present.
    I had 5 brothers but none as generous as you.

User Tag List