Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those awaiting the "new" Sig P320 Carry Model...

For those awaiting the "new" Sig P320 Carry Model...

I can verify they DO exist!

I've been waiting since SHOT for it to arrive; was going to hold-out for updated takedown lever and slide catch, but was too impatient.
    The trigger is a slightly different shape than my early sample, and has the "mudflap". It is definitely more crisp (not that the older one was "bad"), doesn't "bite", and doesn't give you "blackfinger".

This size may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like the feel & balance of it more than my fullsize.
    Almost forgot... this one's a 9mm

I never understood having a pistol the same height as a full size with the shorter barrel/slide of a compact. HK also does this with the VP9.
    I am sure you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I never understood having a pistol the same height as a full size with the shorter barrel/slide of a compact. HK also does this with the VP9.
    I am sure you will enjoy it.
    I thought that too, when I first saw the FNS. Then I bought one, and became quite fond of it.
    While I'd prefer Sig would have made it a "true" mid-size (e.g. 4.25" barrel, with correlating slide), I admire Sig for adding this size to the lineup, while continuing to build both previous models. That lets us all have that "just right" fit.

There's a reason people take G17 frames and cut them to G19 length, and not try to fit G19 slides to G17 frames.

The 320 compact is the perfect size for a CCW, small-duty, "carry" gun. Very G19 like in that regard.

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Agreed. I'm glad Sig continued the Compact, and added the Carry as an additional model.

The 320 compact is the same height as the VP9, another excellent choice for ccw. For me so much so I'm strongly considering selling my last two remaining G19 RTF2s and getting either another VP9 or a 320 compact.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    The 320 compact is the same height as the VP9, another excellent choice for ccw. For me so much so I'm strongly considering selling my last two remaining G19 RTF2s and getting either another VP9 or a 320 compact.
    I shortlisted both of these guns. I bought a VP9, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I never understood having a pistol the same height as a full size with the shorter barrel/slide of a compact.
    Me neither, seeing as the butt length is what prints. Somebody (namely, the marketing types and engineers who came up with this concept) doesn't understand the nuances of concealed carry. But hey, as you noted, the VP9 and P30 (excepting the "L" version) are this way as well, so this apparent lack of understanding is not limited to Sig. Although, in HK's defense, neither of those pistols are advertised as "carry pistols" (meaning intended for CCW).

On another note, it seems that the Sig faithful are all up in arms over the recent price increase in "conversion kits", along with the spotty availability of same. Isn't this P250 Redux?

Maybe, maybe not; but it makes for good entertainment…

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

On another note, it seems that the Sig faithful are all up in arms over the recent price increase in "conversion kits", along with the spotty availability of same. Isn't this P250 Redux?

Yep, butt length matters WAY more than slide length for concealment. All the 320 love seems like an excellent opportunity to pick up a 229 SAS or M11A1.

No pictures:
    P320SC L. 6.10" H. 4.70"
    P320C L. 7.20" H. 5.30"
    P320Carry L. 7.20" H. 5.50"
    P320FS L. 8.00" H. 5.50"

The Carry uses the lower of a Full size and the upper of a Compact.

User Tag List