Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead

Unfortunately her husband was seriously injured by a mentally ill man and rather than do more for the real issue, she took it upon herself to make it harder for the law abiding to own a firearm.

May she rest in peace and her family find comfort In losing someone close.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

According to this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...f89_story.html

But it wasn’t her husband’s shooting that led Mrs. Brady to call the NRA. The turning point for her activism came four years later, when their 6-year-old son, Scott, found what he thought was a toy gun and pointed it at his mother. She told him never to point a gun at anyone and, when he handed it to her, she found to her horror that it wasn’t a toy but a fully loaded .22 similar to the one used to shoot her husband.
    So her son finds a loaded gun, and instead of blaming herself or the gun owner, she starts a campaign to take all guns away from everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    You could try a little respect. Just because she has different political views as you doesn't mean you should celebrate her death.
    And it doesn't mean he shouldn't celebrate her death either.

What I find more reprehensible than posting a "celebratory" post about a dead person is the way in which judgement against his tone was made and then rapidly posted as a way of shaming the OP. For all we know Sarah Brady personally pissed in the OP's cereal and stabbed his mother and he has all the good reasons in the world to post in the manner he did. Never the less he did nothing actually wrong, except expressing an opinion that you may not agree with.

I am unapologetically glad she is dead. In the spirit of free expression I was truly saddened that this post wasn't about Diane Feinstein.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I am unapologetically glad she is dead. In the spirit of free expression I was truly saddened that this post wasn't about Diane Feinstein.

-Rob
    Sarah Brady was one person. She may be dead, but her cause is not.There are millions of voting Americans who feel the only place guns should exist is locked in a police, military, or musuem armory.

Her passing doesnt change their minds . As such, I dont see it as a reason to celebrate. When Lautenberg kicked the bucket, his odious legislation didnt.......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I am not going to celebrate her death.

Feinstein and Bloomberg? Kegger.

Gabby Gifford will fill her spot along with her husband. There will always be someone for them to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Majeure View Post
    I am not going to celebrate her death.

Feinstein and Bloomberg? Kegger.
    When I saw the thread title, I honestly thought it'd be about Feinstein. I'm not about to celebrate anyone's death, but on the other hand, the lack of their presence might make me happy. Subtle difference, I know, but the world is full of subtleties.

User Tag List