Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: trigger finger safety

Site Supporter
    Darryl,

It all comes back to the triad, clean lines and staying cognitive.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

[img]00001 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

I think this is too early. What do you guys think?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    ...The reason we use specific commands on the range and often do not draw to a shot and every drill is not a shoot. It is where we find tons of trigger violators. This and "Woobie" love on the trigger when simply getting ready to shoot. The reason I train with a partner is to check each other. It simply comes down to choosing what matters. You want to be faster by a little bit, or build in some fail safe's to counter unexpected situations and events.
    Out of this whole conversation...these are the "Gold Nuggets" for me...and something I think doesn't get anywhere near enough emphasis...Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Darryl,

It all comes back to the triad, clean lines and staying cognitive.
    Wayne, could you please explain "clean lines"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post

Yesm.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This, like many things in life comes down to choices. Choose how you train, live with the results. The reason we use specific commands on the range and often do not draw to a shot and every drill is not a shoot. It is where we find tons of trigger violators. This and "Woobie" love on the trigger when simply getting ready to shoot. The reason I train with a partner is to check each other. It simply comes down to choosing what matters. You want to be faster by a little bit, or build in some fail safe's to counter unexpected situations and events. Pick one and move on based on your goals.
    Here's the thing though: You don't have to pick one. Being very skilled and fast are not at odds with the gunhandling that you emphasize. I've been doing all those things you mention with my students for a long time. And pushing their technical skills too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Here's the thing though: You don't have to pick one. Being very skilled and fast are not at odds with the gunhandling that you emphasize. I've been doing all those things you mention with my students for a long time. And pushing their technical skills too.
    Sounds great...what's your method? Thanks

Would you say your teaching methods and material is vastly different than the brunt of the stuff out there these days or just slight changes?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg270 View Post
    Wayne, could you please explain "clean lines"?
    Clean lines means no wasted movement or motion. It means moving the gun (or support equipment) in as straight a line as possible during manipulations. It means keeping trigger fingers in register until all three requirements of Rule 3 are met. It means not muscling, jamming or forcing the gun in an effort to be fast. It adds up to efficiency, safety and really usable and beneficial speed during the use of your weapons.

Site Supporter

That's an ND looking for a time and place to happen. It's one of those shots by (or in) the strong foot in an encounter...

User Tag List