Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HD Shotgun flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by 65k10 View Post
    BOM. How many rounds do you have with that light setup? I have a G2X like yours that I wouldn't mind using on a shotgun, but I was under the impression they might not hold up on a gun.
    I have 100 or so birdshot, probably the same amount of buckshot, and 40 or so Brenneke slugs. No issues so far.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    I have 100 or so birdshot, probably the same amount of buckshot, and 40 or so Brenneke slugs. No issues so far.
    Works for me.

Can anyone post their experience of a TLR vs a Flashlight on a shotgun?
    Last edited by UNK; 04-06-2015 at 11:04 AM.

The vast majority of my experience has been with the Sure Fire integrated forends/pumps when it comes to shotguns. Those work REALLY well, but are rather pricey.

The mounting for the TLRs seems to hang the light out in space away from the gun a bit. Some of the set-ups we tried at work, using the thumb to run the toggle switch, were rather uncomfortable during recoil.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Thanks Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The vast majority of my experience has been with the Sure Fire integrated forends/pumps when it comes to shotguns. Those work REALLY well, but are rather pricey.

The mounting for the TLRs seems to hang the light out in space away from the gun a bit. Some of the set-ups we tried at work, using the thumb to run the toggle switch, were rather uncomfortable during recoil.

Oh, I have also seen some of the clicky type switches get clicked into "on" during recoil, which may or may not be a bad thing. The lights that are mounted in line and so one can run them with the forward thumb seem to be comfortable under recoil if one has a rubber boot type switch, just wanted to throw the clicky thing in there for food for thought.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Some of the set-ups we tried at work, using the thumb to run the toggle switch, were rather uncomfortable during recoil.
    Thanks for that tidbit. I was talking with a friend the other day about how I was considering trying out a TLR or X300 on the "Streamlight Mag Tube Rail" mount I have. I'm reconsidering that idea now, a normal tube flashlight sounds like a better option.

I tried the TLR-1 on the bottom of a forend. The problem was activation wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be and it wasn't fun having the switch jab my hand during recoil. For now I'm trying a G2X mounted at 6 o'clock on the forend and activating it by sliding my hand forward so it pushes on the tailcap. If I wanted this around for more than to be familiar with a shotgun, I think I'd just spring for the Surefire forend.
    Last edited by 65k10; 04-06-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Anyone had success mounting a momentary only Inforce WML on the Magpul forend? How did it feel through recoil?

On a pump shotgun does having the light mounted forward of the forend leave you hunting for the light when you reach for it after cycling the action?

I have not had the opportunity to run the gun with the light mounted yet.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List