Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Shotgun flashlight.

I've tried a number of mounting options on terms of putting a light on a forend, and they all beat up my hand under recoil. Because of that I much prefer it mounted to the tube/barrel. I've got pumps, so my hand moves away from the light.. I like clicky so I have the option to have it on through the whole process. That's less of an issue with a semi. I've been running Fenix lights for a few years but the new Surefire lights look great
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I'm here for some pictures.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I'm here for some pictures.

A three cell length light would be ideal, as it would basically eliminate barrel shadow, but I have no desire for a 1000 lumen light on a gun I might use inside. The 320 from this G2 is pushing it.

And FWIW I don't really notice the shadow when I'm on the sights.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post

A three cell length light would be ideal, as it would basically eliminate barrel shadow, but I have no desire for a 1000 lumen light on a gun I might use inside. The 320 from this G2 is pushing it.

Thanks. I really like this pic.

Your choice of barrel or tube mount with a plain old SF Nitrolon 60 lumen light. Got a SF G2x Dual Output, and I'd rather use the 10 Lumen setting than the 320 that produces too much bloom inside my house.

This is a little bit of a custom setup as mounting a light with a sling, and not having them interfere with each other, can be tricky. The light sticks out from the side slightly further to accommodate the sling, but it hasn't been an issue so far.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post

So when you are shooting do you hold your thumb on the activation switch? How does recoil effect your thumb and do you have any problem breaking contact loosing your illumination?

BOM. How many rounds do you have with that light setup? I have a G2X like yours that I wouldn't mind using on a shotgun, but I was under the impression they might not hold up on a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    So when you are shooting do you hold your thumb on the activation switch? How does recoil effect your thumb and do you have any problem breaking contact loosing your illumination?
    The recoil doesn't really bother my thumb and I don't struggle keeping the light on.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List