Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HD Shotgun flashlight.

Bump for any innovations or additional solutions for shotgun flashlights
    Last edited by UNK; 07-11-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I've become a BIG fan of using handheld lights with a clicky, using 1" scope rings and a piece of rail. That's essentially how my 1301 and 590 are set up... The 870 was set up that way until i put a surefire forend on it (which i hate, but it's not my main gun and i like having it for variety when it comes to T&E).

I HATE lights attached to forends. I tried a bunch of solutions with the magpul forend, and everything just beat the hell out of my hand under recoil. Therefore, I prefer having the light mounted further forward than where my support hand usually rides.

Clicky all the way. I don't want to try relying on keeping pressure on the cap under recoil - obviously with a pump, since the light isn't attached to the forend, clicky is necessary to keep the light on during the firing cycle.

Single output, single button is the way to go. I've played around with different options and they all suck when you're running it. I.e. i tried a Fenix tk16, 2 button. Turning it on was no problem, but there were times I'd go to turn it off, but hit the mode button on accident, and make it dimmer instead of off. No good.

My current light of choice is the Fenix tk15UE (currently on my AR, AK, and 1301). There are different brightness that can be selected with a button on the body (i mount the light so the button is facing the gun so it doesn't get bumped accidentally.) It's 1000 lumens, single button clicky. I shoot an above average amount of shotgun, typically the heaviest recoiling 00 i can find, and the Fenix lights have never missed a beat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List