Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo's brilliant Salvo marketing campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I always thought of Surefire suppressors as the more cadillac models. Who's got what issues with them? Simply curious is all
    Here's what information you can get.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....scussion/page2
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'll get back with you when I get my four SilencerCo suppressors in
    Which ones did you get? I was so impressed with my Octane that I'm getting ready to order two more.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Which ones did you get? I was so impressed with my Octane that I'm getting ready to order two more.
    Saker 762 (762 and 556 end caps), Saker 556, Warlock II, and Spectre II.
    #RESIST

Saker 762 (762 and 556 end caps), Saker 556, Warlock II, and Spectre II.
    I was flip flopping between the Spectre & Warlock and ended up ordering the Spectre.

I'm curious what the weight difference will actually feel like on the end of a pistol.

Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An SME here is not a fan of Surefire suppressors. I would listen to him.
    I am not against SF suppressors........... the point I was trying to make is that just because it has name recognition, is used by the CKC, or costs more doesn't make it a better suppressor than others. In the case of recent SF suppressors, given the small sample of a few hundred, I was not overly impressed with them.

There are a lot of things that go into adoption of weapons and gear by the military, and there are plenty of quality brands of suppressors (and other accessories) that are not in use by whiz bang units.............

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I am not against SF suppressors........... the point I was trying to make is that just because it has name recognition, is used by the CKC, or costs more doesn't make it a better suppressor than others. In the case of recent SF suppressors, given the small sample of a few hundred, I was not overly impressed with them.

There are a lot of things that go into adoption of weapons and gear by the military, and there are plenty of quality brands of suppressors (and other accessories) that are not in use by whiz bang units.............
    Copy and thanks for the clarification.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    He said Surefire and AAC.

I couldn't tell you if he's right or not, or even if he is really qualified to make that call. I will say that Surefire and AAC have mil contracts which I think says something, although I'm in no position to tell you exactly what. I got the feeling he meant it similarly to someone saying that Colt is the gold standard for AR's, where Colt is the standard because its rifles have been tested in the crucible and found acceptable.

I really was throwing that statement out there as a kudos to Silencerco's marketing dept, which really is great, and not a slam on their design, materials, etc. which as far as I know are all just gravy. I appreciate their innovative streak too.
    My subjective, personal opinion is quite the opposite about AAC. They constantly focus on explaining why they are testing this or that to make the quietest suppressor in a certain category. The NFA civilian market largely focuses on sound, specifically db reduction, which is pretty low on my radar as to what I am personally looking for out of a suppressor. I have always thought that AAC was the gold standard of marketing, but not the gold standard in products.

As noted - just relaying someone else's unattributed opinion - take it for what it's worth. When I was in the market for a suppressor, I went with Silencerco because of their combination of a good rep, multiple mounting options, price and availability.

Honestly I find it hard to believe the average civvy user would be served measurably better by one quality brand over another, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Quite baudy
    :slowclap:
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by joshrunkle35 View Post
    The NFA civilian market largely focuses on sound, specifically db reduction,
    And here is the first obstacle a purchaser must overcome........... what db reduction does a given suppressor provide? For which caliber? Using what ammo?

Answer: There is no standard. Companies use different measurements and data points to make their db reduction claims. The amount they claim means two things to me, and Jack left town.

Tom, I'll jot something down regarding your questions in the next couple of days.

User Tag List