Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SilencerCo's brilliant Salvo marketing campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    And here is the first obstacle a purchaser must overcome........... what db reduction does a given suppressor provide? For which caliber? Using what ammo?

Answer: There is no standard. Companies use different measurements and data points to make their db reduction claims. The amount they claim means two things to me, and Jack left town.

Tom, I'll jot something down regarding your questions in the next couple of days.
    So true. Even using industry standard testing, there are massive variances due to ammo, altitude, etc.

I generally tell customers to disregard reduction numbers as a criteria for suppressor selection. As long as they are reasonably close, there are more important things.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

My opinion, as a guy that sells them and has no stake in what you choose: Silencerco Saker, Surefire SOCOM, AAC M4-2000 (maybe SR5 if it is like the M4-2000). I don't think you will be unhappy with any one of these. Our range has an old M4-2000 with at least 200K rounds through it. Lost a few dB, and weighs a pound more due to carbon build up, but still works well.

Dead Air Sandman-L has my reluctant approval based on very limited round exposure. Mounting solution seemed top-notch and of course having Mike Pappas behind it doesn't hurt.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thanks!
    Maybe we should create a sticky?

I know a lot of stuff was covered back in 2013 in this thread https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ncer-Questions

Now given Sean's experience and some info is dated a lot of things were universal truths. My posts were way too long in that thread but it's not a bad read.

I'm not trying to boss you around but since we have a dedicated NFA forum now. It might make things easier because these questions I think will become more common place.

Slight thread drift, but I've got this to say about the SilencerShop: great customer service, great at making these things easy to buy, and damn if they don't ship suppressors right to your door with "SilencerShop" written all over the packaging.

Retards. And I'm a retard for choosing that option.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Slight thread drift, but I've got this to say about the SilencerShop: great customer service, great at making these things easy to buy, and damn if they don't ship suppressors right to your door with "SilencerShop" written all over the packaging.

Retards. And I'm a retard for choosing that option.
    They don't send them to an FFL?

Speaking of brilliant marketing...

http://frontpage.thewindhameagle.com...sound.html?m=1

Now Boy Scouts in Maine will get to play with Salvo-equipped shotguns at summer camp.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Speaking of brilliant marketing...

http://frontpage.thewindhameagle.com...sound.html?m=1

Now Boy Scouts in Maine will get to play with Salvo-equipped shotguns at summer camp.
    Wow. Well done, very well done.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    That's a reason to buy Gemtech or Silencerco. Kel (then part time owner of GemTech) really helped/encouraged me during the ATF 41P commenting period.

I've never met the guy, but I'm proud to say I knew him (haven't talked much since).

User Tag List