Thread: Sig P250 Accuracy?

Sig P250 Accuracy?

All of the reviews of the Sig P320 report a high standard of accuracy, and I'm wondering about it's ugly step-sister, the P250? The designs look very similar, other than method of ignition.

My interest in the P250 stems from the reported trigger weights. The P320 runs at 7.5-8lbs, and apparently the P250 runs at 4-5.5lbs. The long DAO pull doesn't concern me. Unfortunately, there's no local range that has either pistol for rent, nor does any LGS stock them.

My primary pistol sport is Bullseye, so when I shoot my duty-type I'm disappointed in their accuracy potential. I'm limited to bone stock pistols (with the exception of grips and sights) from Glock, Sig, S&W, and Beretta in 9mm, .40, and .45 by my employer. I'm looking for something new, and Sig offerings look interesting.

What are your 5 shot freestyle groups at 25 yards, and with what gun/load?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What are your 5 shot freestyle groups at 25 yards, and with what gun/load?
    Freestyle 2-handed, I can get 10 rounds (that's my usual group size) into 2.3 inches at 25 yards, slow fire. This with a Walther GSP-C Expert shooting Speer 98 gr HBWC over 1.7 gr Bullseye. This gun has ergo grips and a finely tuned roll trigger. My personal best in timed fire (5 rounds in 20 seconds x 2) at 25 yards one handed is 100-6. I shot this with iron sights, though I'm transitioning to a dot due to creeping middle age.

My gen 2 Glock 17, my most accurate duty-type pistol opens this up to 4 inches in good light. This is shooting Federal HXT ammo, which I've found to be very accurate in my match built 9mm 1911.

I guess I'm looking for some middle ground between a match pistol and a Glock 17. To me, this comes down to trigger, since I'm limited to box stock triggers (5 lb connector for the Glock).

Just one data point, but my P250 measured 6 lb 11 oz. It was impressive for a factory DA trigger, far smoother and lighter than the DA or DAK pulls on my P226R or any of my HKs (pre-GGI ), but the quoted pull weight seems a bit optimistic based on my sample of one. For comparison, I've measured a stock P226R at 9 lb 9 oz DA / 4 lb SA, and a Gen 4 Glock with OEM minus connector at 6 lb 13 oz...then again I guess Glock says the minus connector should give a 4.5 lb trigger pull so who knows. I'm using a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and pulling straight back from the center of the trigger.

Sorry, can't offer any perspective on accuracy with the P250. Mine was an early one that experienced a number of FTE's even after a trip to Sig; I sold it pretty quickly (with full disclosure), never really shot it for groups. (Haven't heard anything negative about reliability with the newer ones, seems they addressed the first-gen issues several years ago.)

Are you allowed to use a SAO Sig? Maybe even an X-Five or X-Six?

Eric, thanks for the data point. That pretty much seals the deal for me, since the only reason for me to choose the 250 over the 320 is trigger weight.

User Tag List