Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley, MD-PhD

Strategic post.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Strategic post.
    Five-star/vest response.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I find your cognition regarding the practice of giving vent to loquacious tendencies to be perspicacious...peradventure among the most sagacious witticisms attendant in the Romper Room today.
    I see what you did there. I think...

The neat thing about people who are actually doctors is their ability to not use those words and relay the same message.
    I just tell them they will fucking die much sooner than their prior plans were if they don't do what I tell them to do.

Most seem to understand that reasonably well.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I just tell them they will fucking die much sooner than their prior plans were if they don't do what I tell them to do.

Most seem to understand that reasonably well.
    I like it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I will be starting my MD-PhD training in a couple month's time.... and if I ever end up using words like this outside the context of school or the clinic, I fully expect someone to slap me as hard as they can.

edit: also, there are very few isotonic contractions in shooting... excepting the trigger finger, essentially. The grip on the handgun is most definitely 100% isometric. it wouldn't be isometric/tonic pressure, as those phrases describe 2 kinds of muscular contractions (either the muscle moves, or it don't. isotonic v isometric. )
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-01-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Most patients will slap you, in a figurative sense, if you did even in your clinic. It is really an acquired skill to talk to people in technical terms but without confusing them.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Most patients will slap you, in a figurative sense, if you did even in your clinic. It is really an acquired skill to talk to people in technical terms but without confusing them.
    Most certainly. Fortunately I will have ample time to learn it before I apply for residency in approximately 26 years...

Lies, all lies

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    White sunglasses... SMH
    Not white, I don't think, but clear anodized aluminum? Obviously gettin' sponsored to rock the Liquid Eye Pro.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List