Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drills to use on B27 targets

Site Supporter
    We have a 30 round / 300 possible bullseye course our firearms instructor candidates shoot on B-27 repair centers.

25 yards - 10 rounds in 3 minutes.

15 yards - 5 rounds in 20 seconds - x2

15 yards- 5 rounds in 10 seconds - x2

They need 240/300 to pass - scoring is normal but anything outside the 8 ring is a zero

Before I decided to buy a couple hundred of the pistol-training targets (which have been awesome, thus far), here's how I made the range B-27s work for me:

1. I keep electrical tape in my range bag. I'd make 3x5 head boxes with that, or alternately tape an index card to the head.
    2. I used the 9-ring for Bill Drills and such. It was small enough for my needs.
    3. I'd draw small circles on it for more precision work. Sharpies are your friend.
    4. If doing something specialized, I'd print my own target (Dot Torture, etc.) and use the B27 as a backer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Damn, tough crowd....

They aren't cardboard full on B-27's, they're paper repair centers (no "head" and such), so they aren't really humanoid. I should've been more specific.

Anyway, if they're totally useless for any timed work, I'll just use them for group shooting or something long distance like Chick mentioned.
    Choose a desired point of impact, apply fundamentals, assess results, hold yourself accountable. In that way, they are a useful as whatever other targets are en vogue, along with any expedient postage stamp, sharpie-box, etc. Where the B27 fails as a humanoid target is its absurdly large size and the location of it's scoring zone relative to vital anatomy. High scores achieved at low thresholds enable a false sense of accomplishment. There are simply better choices.

Still, the demands imposed by the B27 are greater than the ability of many shooters so it may offer something as a starter target or motivator. The key is to move on from there.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

HCM, sboers,

Thanks! I'll give that stuff a try.

User Tag List