Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drills to use on B27 targets

Drills to use on B27 targets

I've got a bunch of B27 targets that I bought years ago and never did much with. Just looking for some drills that I can use them for. I'd prefer 15-30 yard ranges, and I'd like them scored by each ring rather than the standards I've seen where the X, 10, 9, and 8 rings all counted the same.

Beyond that, anything you guys have done with them, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I've got a bunch of B27 targets that I bought years ago and never did much with. Just looking for some drills that I can use them for. I'd prefer 15-30 yard ranges, and I'd like them scored by each ring rather than the standards I've seen where the X, 10, 9, and 8 rings all counted the same.

Beyond that, anything you guys have done with them, I'm all ears.
    Depending on how many you have, I'd sell or trade them. They're one of the worst humanoid shaped targets out there, and the scoring zones are not representative of the desired target areas.

If you made a stencil set you could probably fit three dot tortures on the back.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I use them as cheap backers to put other targets on

We are diminished
    They make great starter material for fires.

They are also just about the only target on the market that can help you establish a preconscious aiming point for the times you may be attacked by Kuato.

Kuato lives!

I keep a batch of stencils in my range bag to draw target zones over unsat targets, or on the blank reverse. USPSA head boxes, As, -0s, etc. Cheap, easy, last forever.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

^^Similar, though it's pencil, 3x5/4x6 cards for stencils, and a protractor for circular shapes. A pencil line becomes not-readily-apparent after, oh, about a yard on targets that aren't a dark background to begin with.

Not much different than how the perfs on an IPSC/IDPA tgt effectively disappear past a certain point.

They are nice when you are trying to find out what your hold-overs are at the 100 and such
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Damn, tough crowd....

They aren't cardboard full on B-27's, they're paper repair centers (no "head" and such), so they aren't really humanoid. I should've been more specific.

Anyway, if they're totally useless for any timed work, I'll just use them for group shooting or something long distance like Chick mentioned.

User Tag List